Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
I am in (if there is any "in" to be in). I will mail my form tomorrow morning, 27 Jan. I am paying with credit card. There are only a few days to send in your form, so anyone waiting until the last minute wellâ?¦.This is it!

From previous posts it is clear that the worst that could happen is that MSDS will cancel the group-buy (GB) due to lack of participation. In that case, the hard-core guys that really want these headers will have to make their own individual arrangements (I will simply call ShoShop since I donâ??t need the Y-pipe or MIL eliminators)

Thinkmoto, why on earth would you make a separate full price MSDS header purchase so close to the GB submittal date (and post the fact here)!? IMHO this seems rude to nyceboi and our group in general and is clearly a blatant attempt to undermine the GB. The fact that you actually posted this in the group-buy thread really makes it worse. I could be wrong, but I think all youâ??ve done is somewhat reduce the chance for others that this GB will work.

Hey, from everything Iâ??ve read, for non-supercharged cars these headers and Y-pipe really do make a noticeable difference across the entire power band. Ignoring cost, they are probably the single most effective mod you can make as they will enhance every other improvement. Duratecs really love an unrestricted exhaust. I hope to post pics of my new group buy discounted headers in a month or so!

nyceboi, Even if this doesnâ??t go through, I want to thank you for setting it up.

Just to mention it, if anyone is interested in a really high quality cat-back system, check out the Bosal GB that also expires Jan 31 ($500 shipped to your door). I bought one of these under that GB and received it Friday, two days ago. REALLY impressive looking system (all polished stainless steel) and from other peoples posts it sounds great and makes noticeable power. I canâ??t wait to bolt-on all my new exhaust pieces and take a test drive!

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Thinkmoto, why on earth would you make a separate full price MSDS header purchase so close to the GB submittal date (and post the fact here)!? IMHO this seems rude to nyceboi and our group in general and is clearly a blatant attempt to undermine the GB. The fact that you actually posted this in the group-buy thread really makes it worse. I could be wrong, but I think all youâ??ve done is somewhat reduce the chance for others that this GB will work.

OK I've had it with this For your information I'm still part of the GB. I just paid in full right away so I could get them NOW!!! So [censored] off don't tell me I'm undermining the GB, I talked to Marty at MSDS and he wasn't to pleased with this GB either. Considering this is what happened in the last one. People trying to get extensions on the pay period etc...That's not how it works in the real world!! Marty doesn't need to give us a discount on his products, they're definately worth there price. I was going to buy this headers no matter what and I did. And about being rude, you're the one being rude questioning me??? Get bent I paid along time ago and as far as I know I'm still the only one that paid. So, how does that make me undermine the GB??? I sent the extra money to Marty, I had already sent him money for GB price. And people wonder why manufacturers get pissed about these GB's. Look at Mirko he doesn't even want to deal with the CEG!! Next time you decide to bash me think again, I held up my part of the deal. My money was sent so marty wouldn't have to sit there wondering if this was going to happen. Which it seems it's not, because I had no word on anymore people being in on it. And if by some act of god, 8 more people send in payments by Friday I'm sure marty will refund me the extra cash I sent him. Personally I don't really care if he does or not because these headers are the best one's you can get in my opinion.

nyceboi, Even if this doesnâ??t go through, I want to thank you for setting it up.

And by the way I've thanked Nyceboi many times about this GB and some of his other GB's. I appreciate his efforts greatly, but obviuosly some don't.......

Take this post as you wish I don't give a [censored]...I'm sick of all the
that's going on in this forum. I joined a few months ago and it already sucks.
I'm trully sorry about this NYCEBOI but JedsContour brought this upon himself by even mentioning my name. Hopefully next time he'll see the light and think before he speaks! And by the way Jedcontour, just remember who's doing this service for us.......MARTY at MSDS not me you or Nyceboi.....MARTY

06 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dmax/ally 06 Pontiac G6 GT 05 CRF250R FOR SALE 06 KX65 with riding gear $2700 obo
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Thinkmoto, I stand by my comments of course. Read your previous message again and pretend you are not youâ?¦

Quote:
"already paid for mine. Full non GB price, so it looks like you'll either have to wait for another GB or pay normal price. I myself am sick of waiting for everyone else to get there [censored] together. the choice is yours......"

If your purchase still counts toward the GB, fine, but your comments are rude regardless.

Incidentally, after this I am not going to respond to anything you post with my name in it.

I donâ??t do flame warsâ?¦ ever.

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Ding Ding Ding Thinkmoto :-)

Ryan Trollin!
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Sent my order form in today by priority mail.

Hope this GB works!

F
Smurfette
Smurfette
F
Originally posted by JEDsContour:

If your purchase still counts toward the GB, fine, but your comments are rude regardless.

I don’t do flame wars… ever.

your comments were initially rude.
don't start flaming people and not expect them to stand up for themselves with equally rude comments.
If you reread all of the posts in this thread, thinkmoto has worked extremely hard to rally people up to make this a successful group buy.

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Hello frenchblueC2!

You're right, I didn't initially read every post in this thread. Posts that have two or three or more red angry rage icons I skip since rants aren't usually very interesting - or informative. But on your advice I have gone back and read the ENTIRE thing.

The one post I did initially read seemed to pretty clearly say to heck with this GB and everyone in it. Now though, having read EVERYTHING I see that there is a much more extensive and colorful and angry history behind these remarks...

Phew!

I think GBs are all about the opportunity to purchase cool equipment for our cars at a discount - while having fun doing it. People will participate in a GB if the quality is there, the price is right and its FUN. Nobody is going to join one of these because they've been bullied or pushed into it.

How did so much anger get mixed into this GB? From previous posts (the ones I didn't read the first time through) it seems even the vendor is unhappy. Big mistake. We shouldn't upset a quality GB vendor. Even if there are not enough participants we should just thank the vendor kindly, let them know they are always welcome here and encourage them to try again when the timing is better. I think that vendors don't do enthusiast GBs so much for profit as for the good product visibility!

Please guys, don't flame me on this, its common sense!
(and you can be sure the vendors read these posts)

I try to remember this is a hobby and that we work on and improve our cars because it's fun! If being a car enthusiast starts inducing rage, it's definitely time to take a break.

If its' a consolation to anyone, if I could go back and rewrite my post in question I would omit any mention of what seemed a needlessly hostile previous post. Oh yes I would definitely leave out any mention...

Hey, anyone want to get back to talking about what a great product these headers are and how the deadline for participating is just a few days away?! I think I might be in the market for another set of these late this year when I do my 98 SVT (next winter's project!).

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
If you think multiple red faced angry smilies=a rant....ROTFLMAO That's funny I was upset because I was the only one that sent in money, the first one according to Marty, and no one was responding to the GB. All you have to say is yes I'm in or no I'm not. What's so hard about that?? I'm just disgusted by the lack of feedback from other ceg'ers, that mentioned interest and havn't made any attempt at letting us know what is going on. And by the way I never said to hell with the GB and everyone in it You ASSUMED that, just like so many others you make assumptions before giving the person an opportunity to explain what they have said.......And about the bulling WTF is that???? You obviously are a very negative person, because all my posts you're trying to make look like I was pissed Idiots like yourself are the whole reason this board has gone down the can............I've had enough fun for one night sorry Nyceboi I didn't want this to happen either

06 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dmax/ally 06 Pontiac G6 GT 05 CRF250R FOR SALE 06 KX65 with riding gear $2700 obo
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
I give up! You win! Thinkmoto, on a world scale you really don't seem like that bad a guy. Please I don't want to draw any more attention from what this thread is really about.

I have to ask though, what does ROTFLMAO mean? Just send me a PM, I promise I'll respond!

O
onosway Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
O
(turning radio dial)

....bbzzzzz.....eee....zzzzz....s......

***MSDS Headers Group Buy***

ah, there's the right station.

MY NEW HOBBY...RUINING CHRIS CROFTS LIFE...
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard