Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
D
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by SPGVT:
I'm still interrested by the MSDS headers, but for the same price as Sho-shop (minus M-I-L eliminator) I will wait to get the headers when the YO-Dude true duals will be available (June 03)

so don't flame me.
I only asked for the price without the Ypipe . I never said count me in. but at 550 it's not a great deal for me. But, if the price without Y could be 450, I jump on it and stor the headers in my room

Sorry

Well, at SHOshop, 550 gets you headers only, no MIL's, no Y-pipe. Add 60-80 for MIL's, unless you build your own for about 20 bucks, and you're closing in fast on MSDS' retail price of 660.

I would've participated, but I needed a set of headers much sooner, and Marty had a set of display headers, so I took those at a price closer to retail. He's a great person to deal with, so hopefully, this GB will happen, or at least some of you guys will get a better price.

dion 98 SVT, 200 whp/190 lb. ft tq (tuned by ADC), 3.0, P&P heads w/2.5L valves, optimized TB, MSDS, SCA 2.5" catback, SHOshop UIM/LIM, underdrive pulley set, TD's, Koni/H&R, BAER/TCE, Progress, CF1 products
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
I got in on the last GB. I'll say this about the MSDS coating, when I opened the box there were places on the headers and y-pipe where the coating was rubbed off by the shifting during shipping. I did not want to pay shipping to send them back to be recoated again and possibly have bare spots again. Instead, I sent them to Jet Hot.

I tried to install them myself but decided to wait until I have someone to help me. At this point, I'm waiting until my garage is dry enough to sweep the sand and salt out and hopefully not be cold enough to see my breath, as it is now in the midwest.

I did install the y-pipe. Better throttle response and nice sound. Cant't wait to install the headers. I have noticed the temp guage does not show the engine is running any hotter then with the stock y-pipe. I think the heat contol and longevity of the Jet Hot coating will be worth the expense in the long run. Plus the coating looks very cool.

2000 T-Red SVT, #562/2150
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Whici coatimg did you get? Sterling?

06 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dmax/ally 06 Pontiac G6 GT 05 CRF250R FOR SALE 06 KX65 with riding gear $2700 obo
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Yes. The real test for the heat control aspect of the coating will come when the headers are on as well as the y-pipe and I'm stuck in traffic in mid-July but so far the coated y-pipe does not seem to heat the oil in the oil pan any more than the stock pipe. If I rememer correctly, it cost about $220 for the three pieces and shipping.

2000 T-Red SVT, #562/2150
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Nyceboi any news on GB #'s??? I mean how many people are in on this??? I'm kind of wondering if this GB is gonna happen or if I'm going to have to pay full price? Please people

06 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dmax/ally 06 Pontiac G6 GT 05 CRF250R FOR SALE 06 KX65 with riding gear $2700 obo
O
onosway Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
O
Doesn't seem like it bro. It's bad timing though. After Christmas and with so much other stuff going on it's hard to pull somethin' off at this time.

I have to buy the headers for my 3L build up but I'll try to start one prior to summer time.

MY NEW HOBBY...RUINING CHRIS CROFTS LIFE...
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
[censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored]............I guess I'll just buy them now at the full price. These GB's are really starting to disappoint me...........

G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
i dont think its the g/b's or the people here that are disappointing...its the timing...600 is kinda alot to spend right after xmas and many people are trying to either get headers or body kit or something

i remember nyceboi asking in a poll what would people like to see in a g/b and im guessing the headers won...i voted for something else cheaper but it obviously didn't win

and msds doesn't allow for much time for the g/b...they basically gave us less than 30 days to send the money in...i woulda been in if the time limit hadn't been so damn short, but i dont have 600 to spare in that short amount of time

i've been thinking that if they would let me subtract the y-pipe, the coating and the shipping/insurance charge since they are close enuff for me to pick up it would be in the 400's and that would much more manageable, but its' too late now either way....its time to buy a new washer and dryer and get my tags and damn i want them but.....

99 expedition eddie bauer, 5.4 v8, k&n drop-in, 3" magnaflow catback and gas mileage that makes the contour look like a hybrid
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
so far im still in. i havent sent the money yet, but i dont want to send out a check when it doesnt look like its going through...

Matt 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX (WRB Stage 4+) Old Rides: 1999 Sil-Fro SVT Contour 3.0L with goodies (Totalled 6/21/06) 1988 Bronco II (Sold) You know you launch hard when you beat oncoming traffic through their own crosswalk lines.
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
i already paid for mine. Full non GB price, so it looks like you'll either have to wait for another GB or pay normal price. I myself am sick of waiting for everyone else to get there [censored] together. the choice is yours......

Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard