Print Thread
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14
O
onosway Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
O
He will not ship it to JetHot, you'll have to do that part yourself.

MY NEW HOBBY...RUINING CHRIS CROFTS LIFE...
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:
I'm seriously considering jumping in on this.
I'm considering deducting the 45 bucks and going with jet hot.
I'm trying to do a bit of research to see if the headers can be sent direct to jet hot, coated and then sent to me.

anyone else planning on doing this?

I've got a lot of research ahead of me...

I'm getting mine Shipped uncoated and then sending mine to Jethot coatings...I haven't got a price on the coatings yet Fugg it....Kim just so you know I strongly recommend getting them uncoated and getting the jethot coatings. I have some friends with cougars that have these headers and drive there cars year round. The headers rust easy and the coating chips easy also. So, considering you have to deal with the snow/salt like us in the midwest I'd get the jethot coatings. Not dissing MSDS coatings just stating my opinion from what I've heard

06 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dmax/ally 06 Pontiac G6 GT 05 CRF250R FOR SALE 06 KX65 with riding gear $2700 obo
D
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by Thinkmoto:
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:
I'm seriously considering jumping in on this.
I'm considering deducting the 45 bucks and going with jet hot.
I'm trying to do a bit of research to see if the headers can be sent direct to jet hot, coated and then sent to me.

anyone else planning on doing this?

I've got a lot of research ahead of me...

I'm getting mine Shipped uncoated and then sending mine to Jethot coatings...I haven't got a price on the coatings yet Fugg it....Kim just so you know I strongly recommend getting them uncoated and getting the jethot coatings. I have some friends with cougars that have these headers and drive there cars year round. The headers rust easy and the coating chips easy also. So, considering you have to deal with the snow/salt like us in the midwest I'd get the jethot coatings. Not dissing MSDS coatings just stating my opinion from what I've heard

How well will the Jet Hot Coatings stay on under driving conditions?

dion 98 SVT, 200 whp/190 lb. ft tq (tuned by ADC), 3.0, P&P heads w/2.5L valves, optimized TB, MSDS, SCA 2.5" catback, SHOshop UIM/LIM, underdrive pulley set, TD's, Koni/H&R, BAER/TCE, Progress, CF1 products
O
onosway Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
O
I can't think of any one in California having these problems with the coating though...

For piece of mind - Marty @ MSDS has been really good about upholding the name of his product. The Headers have a year warranty on them and in some cases he's even recoated the headers after warranty has expired.

The new coating they are using should hold up.

Last edited by nyceboi; 01/13/03 12:05 AM.

F
Smurfette
Smurfette
F
I'm fortunate to no longer have to drive the cougar in the snow/salt anymore due to owning the Contour, but even then I'm still wary.

I'm still quite undecided. I purchased an extended warranty on my cougar back when I first bought it (it's an atx afterall), and I'd hate to have this void the warranty.

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
hey nyceboi, maybe you should post the order form in your very first post so everyone can find it easily.

P.S. I should still be in for this group buy, but im gonna wait til closer to the end of the month to make sure ill have enough money for everything. i wanted to buy my 3L this month also!

Matt 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX (WRB Stage 4+) Old Rides: 1999 Sil-Fro SVT Contour 3.0L with goodies (Totalled 6/21/06) 1988 Bronco II (Sold) You know you launch hard when you beat oncoming traffic through their own crosswalk lines.
D
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
D
Would MSDS sell just the headers (and if so at what price) since I already have an MSDS Y pipe?? answer used to be "no"..just checking.

1999 Amazon Green SVT Contour (#554/2760) "People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." -Soren Kierkegaard (as posted by Jato)
O
onosway Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
O
Heres the deal for those who do no want the ypipe - SUBTRACT $45 from the order.

Quote:

From Marty:
HO-810 minus the y-pipe take off - $45.00 per set. This is our net cost of building it.

This would NOT be the cost of buying it from us as a seperate piece, which isn't available out of the HO810 kit anyway.

O
onosway Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
O
any one order yet?

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by nyceboi:
any one order yet?

My Check was sent out on 1-9-03...So I'm guessing I should hear from them any day now?????? I hope...possibly??? Or am I susposed to call them???? Now I'm confused.... please...just want headers not headaches!!!

06 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dmax/ally 06 Pontiac G6 GT 05 CRF250R FOR SALE 06 KX65 with riding gear $2700 obo
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard