Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Ok guys, I Work for a parts Whole Seller and i Have some pretty good connections through eibach. Now.... Right now eibach only makes springs and not the Shocks for the Contour.

I was talking to my rep and the only way they can make shocks is if the do it in large quantities. EX 100 to 200 orders. Now in order to get them to make it i need atleast 150 people willing to buy them if you guys have lowing springs.

What Im planning on doing is taking my 1999 SVt down to SO. CAl and have them use my car as there test car.

Now just a reminder...this has nothing to do with/ and is not affiliated to my Job. Im doing this on my own time and the only connection i am using is my Rep. and pricing is going to be losely based on what is would any one else pay if they went through normal chanels(but we will get better pricing becasue my Rep and I are on extremly good terms.)
I hope to have pricing in a month for a set of 4 shocks..but i need atleast 150 buyers to make it afordable..the more buyers..the cheaper it will be for all.

ROZ

PS. In the futer Eibach and I are also looking for making the sway bars, and strut tower bars for the contour...if all goes well with the shcoks...Eibach might mass produce everything and put it on the market.....Let me know what you guys think....and who wants in.

3.0 SVT hybrid...all the fixens...Track/Race ready very soon!!!!!! 20,000 + miles
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
would they be matched to the springs?

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
R
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Yes they will...they would be spacificly designed to be used with the eibach suspension kit.

3.0 SVT hybrid...all the fixens...Track/Race ready very soon!!!!!! 20,000 + miles
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
It'll be like impossible to get 150 people to commit to the struts... It'd be hard to get enough people to get 150 struts (that comes out to less than 38 people). Consider Koni is already making adjustable struts for us, it'd be hard press to get that many people to commit on another strut that's not been tested (especially true for Contour people).

M
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
M
If you got Cougar peple involved it may help the numbers a little? Although...(Eventhough they are simmilar/interchangable) I guess If they were "tuned" to one car they might not be "tuned" to the other?

Just trying to help? I'm too poor these days to buy anything.

D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
If it came down to it, I could let them use my Cougar to check the interchangeability, as I am from Irvine, right where their corportate office is....

But I kind of doubt they'll ever get made if they want 150 orders all at once.... Thats why Tokico cancelled their Electronically adjustable struts for us, because they desided there wouldnt' be a market for it

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard