Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
O
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
O
Hey guys I did a Search and couldn't find anything, but I know it probably has been discussed before(SORRY.)

I have a 2000 CSVT and am debating between the Vortech and the Turbo setup. Vortech claims that their system does NOT work with Returnless systems. Is there a way around this?

Is the Turbo kit going to work on the Returnless system?

Thanks again

Parts theory: "Run them til you bust them, and then upgrade" 2000 Svt Black/Tan H&R Springs B&M Short Throw Intake w/K&N
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by OutOfOrder:
1. Vortech claims that their system does NOT work with Returnless systems.
2. Is there a way around this?
3. Is the Turbo kit going to work on the Returnless system?

1. That's because the are lazy and still reeling from all the previous Vortech failures!

2. Yes. Larger injectors and a custom chip.

3. It was proto-typed on a 00 SVT (nearly 300FWHP & 265FWTQ)

If I had the cash I would buy the turbo hands down. Much better setup. However there is that huge initial cash outlay too...

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
O
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
O
Thanks DemonSVT-

What size injectors are you or anyone else recommending? And where should I get the chip?

Parts theory: "Run them til you bust them, and then upgrade" 2000 Svt Black/Tan H&R Springs B&M Short Throw Intake w/K&N
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
You need to find brad noon goes by the screenname bnoon. I think he is doing a returnless type cougar. If IIRC he is going with 42 pound injectors and a chip from ford chips. That is one a 3.0 engine so its a little diffrent setup.

98CSVT specII yada yada yada 95 Mustang GT M&M road&track box HP stage one 60-mm
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Thanks DemonSVT-

What size injectors are you or anyone else recommending? And where should I get the chip?

24lb injectors & fordchips

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
Thanks DemonSVT-

24lb injectors & fordchips

Demon is correct, 24# and a chip from fordchip.com and your golden. I have a SC 3L and we needed 42# injectors and MAF and a chip.

I offer PnP Heads for all durtec's details at PnPheads.com or jesse@pnpheads.com for details.
O
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
O
Thanks for all the help guys

O
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
O
Where is a good place to look to purchase the injectors and how much should they cost me? Also what is a chip going to cost roughly? Do I just tell Fordchips.com what my intentions are and they burn me a chip?

Sorry

B
Learned patience the hard way
Learned patience the hard way
B
I happen to have a set of return style 24# injectors if you are in need of some.

Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
Q
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Q
if i wanted to do a vortech setup on my 2000 csvt which has returnless, would a burned code from superchips work. i already have the chip this is why im asking

2000 t-red SVT ****too quick for civics**** i have a few tricks up my sleeve
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard