Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
N
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
N
HERE'S THE LOWDOWN!

Price: $425
Shipping: Varies, in-state to business $65, to residence $95. Out of state to business $100, to residence $130.
MINIMUM NEEDED: 15 orders.
Hood:

This hood will be made for us in full carbon fiber with a fiberglass support frame. It will weigh approximately 10-14 pounds though we can't be sure until the first prototype is made.

How it will be made:
I already have a person or two local to Northern California that are on my list as possible 'test vehicles'. This is what we will require. A single vehicle and a hood. The hood will be shipped overseas for them to mold the scoop onto, and for them to create the prototype. The vehicle will then test-fit the hood for proper fitment.

If the people I contact can't do it, then we will accept 'applications' (via PM or email to norcalcoug@norcalneco.com). IF YOU GIVE US YOUR FACTORY HOOD (or a factory hood for a 98+ that is in perfect condition structure-wise) and donate time to test-fit the hood, you will receive a FREE HOOD.
If you can only donate your time to test-fit, you will receive a $100 discount on the hood.

Once we get the prototype and test fit it as A-OK, we'll send it back for production. Turnaround time should be 2-3 months total at most, from what I understand. 3-weeks to a month shipping/prototype manufacture, 2 weeks to get it back and test fit, 2 weeks back then another couple weeks to a month for production and shipping.

QUESTIONS ANYBODY?

Last edited by NorCalCoug; 12/04/02 01:57 AM.

2001 ATX V6 Dark Shadow Grey Merc Cougar(Sport Pkg, ABS, traction control and sunroof )
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Oops, sorry! Looks almost the same though!

Last edited by SVT ST PETE; 12/04/02 03:48 AM.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
N
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
N
Er, no, that's not the hood we can get. We clarified this in the other thread.

2001 ATX V6 Dark Shadow Grey Merc Cougar(Sport Pkg, ABS, traction control and sunroof )
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
The scoop look very non-functional.

N
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
N
Originally posted by AirKnight:
The scoop look very non-functional.

Uh, how do you mean?

Let me explain how a hood like this works.

As air moves over the hood of the car, it creates a pressure zone. This will draw hot engine-bay air out of the engine bay and keep it nice and cool. In addition, when you're at idle or at the light, it will bleed heat out of the engine bay.

S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Not am i only down with this GB, but i will most likely be able to donate my hood, since i have already purchased another hood for my car! I'm in NOR, and GREAT WORK! one quick question... Whats the company that's making them? THANKS!~! Also, when do you need the money by?... unless i'm the donar that is~

MY TOYS 98.5 Black/Midnight Blue SVT 2003 Yellow Honda CBR 600 RR 2004 Green/wht. Yamaha 740XL Waverunner Waiting on a hood, to see what my next step is for the SVT.
N
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
N
The company manufacturing these hoods for us is Wayson USA LLC, the parent company of Aerogear. They also make OEM products and so forth for other companies. Their quality is superb, and I can attest to it. I will attempt to post some kind of closeup images of some of their carbon fiber products, as a sample.

We would need to get a committed list of 15. Once we get 15, then we will collect the money and turn it over to the mfgr. We only need 15 because my partner and I are paying for the other 5 out of pocket to help you guys out, since we can sell them later anyway. (Yes, it does hurt to drop 2g's on hoods and yes I have space in my garage )

Note: You will NOT need to pay the shipping cost right away (though we prefer it). We can take that when the product is on its way to the US.

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
good job norcal...i will prolly get one

00 zetec contour
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
any chance we can do some type of photshop of the hood on the tour?
Moose

1998 Black 3L Contour SVT Sweet Home Alabama
N
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
N
Example of the quality we will expect.

Notice the rolled edges (the proper way to do it) and the high quality. This is how our hoods will be manufactured.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard