Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
rylee44 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
Well I might come up there and assist you

1998 Contour SVT Dual-Honed UIM, 170k miles & 2000 Cougar MTX with: 99 SVT Engine, CA-KKM Intake, T.E.H. and polished UIM, High-Flow Cat, Quaife, Pro Flow 75mm, Superchip, TruBendz dual Borla, WR-SS Headers, Fidanza, Grizzly Street, Roush & KYB...
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Ryan, if you need the computer reflashed, come down on friday and we'll take it to Reynolds Ford in Norman. They are the only SVT authorized dealer in OK and they will be able to do a reburn.

So, are we going to attempt to do the engine swapping this Sat? I got a morning meeting w/ my recruiting officer at 10 but I will be free anytime after 11ish.

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I gotta be at work that night but after at 11:30 so I got a lot of time on sat

Trollin the boards as of 9/23
Originally posted by GS474:
stock hp is never enough

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
I am still waiting for the paperwork to get here (damn FedEx), and it is schedueled to be here on Wednesday. Along with that paperwork, is the original dealer report of what exactly is wrong with the motor. I will let everyone know sometime Wednesday/Thursday.

Last night, my dad and I tried cranking it over. Starter couldn't turn it. Siezed!

rylee44 :

how hard is it to remove/install an engine? Just reading the Haynes manual makes me want to cry....since you just recently uninstalled/reinstalled a duratech, you are the greatest thing since sliced peanut butter.

~Scoriox
R
rylee44 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by Scoriox:
rylee44 :

how hard is it to remove/install an engine? Just reading the Haynes manual makes me want to cry....since you just recently uninstalled/reinstalled a duratech, you are the greatest thing since sliced peanut butter.

It's pretty difficult, tedious, and well yes, it's hard... I'll be able to help, but i dunno if im gonna have enough gas money, kinda stretched for cash after I did a $3k swap...

Only SVT dealer in OK? Not true. Every Ford of Tulsa is an SVT dealer. After 20minutes on the phone, and 18 transfers, they sent me to Ford of Tulsa East, North, then West. Assholes. After much frustration and cussing, I finally found the guy I was looking for, called his manager an [censored] to his face, then went back to the shop and got the PCM flashed... took 25mins, now the ECu says it's a 2000 Contour HO MTX... heheheh... The infamous CEL is Gone, muahahah!!!

1998 Contour SVT Dual-Honed UIM, 170k miles & 2000 Cougar MTX with: 99 SVT Engine, CA-KKM Intake, T.E.H. and polished UIM, High-Flow Cat, Quaife, Pro Flow 75mm, Superchip, TruBendz dual Borla, WR-SS Headers, Fidanza, Grizzly Street, Roush & KYB...
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
damnit ryan you are comming you can ride with me up there but you are freaking coming. and check your PMs

Trollin the boards as of 9/23
Originally posted by GS474:
stock hp is never enough

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Sorry, just going by what I read on their site a while back...

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
I can get you gas money, no worries with that.

Do you think its possible to get it done in a day, with several helpers?

~Scoriox
R
rylee44 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
I SEVERELY doubt it.. do you have an indoor shop?

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
I wish....no just a driveway and a 2 car garage.

~Scoriox
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Eric L_dup1, louisw_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard