Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
W
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
W
I am about 1K from kicking the warranty on my SVT and after thrashing the hell out of a friends new 350z in a parking lot and highway I made the decision that the $$$ and loss of a real trunk and 4 doors does not out weight the refinement and performance of the car.
In other words it's about time to mod the SVT Going to rip out the entire suspension and go nuts(struts /springs /bars). The only major concern I have is this post clicky What needs to be done to prevent the subframe from getting ripped? (yes I did use this " search" )

My primary goal is to have a good tight ride with the occasional 3-4 auto X I do every year (just for fun). I do not intend to run slicks.

Thanks for any suggestions

Woz 2000 Contour SVT #136 Black with Blue leather 30% tint all around 12.2" Wilwood Billet NDL PS: I hate ALL Ford Dealers
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
if you used search you understand the subframe needs to be dropped and heavy duty mouning plates that are blocked in need to be installed or you run the chance of ripping your car apart.

I tell you the clunking i had become so f'in annoying I could have cared less about the handling of my car i just wanted silence and for all my co-workers and friends to think I had a POS car that was fallin apart. And all I have is the 21mm SCA bar.

So long as you understand the upside and downside to modding your car , go do it and have fun!

Money doesn't always bring happiness. People with ten million dollars are no happier than people with nine million dollars ~ Hobart Brown
W
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
W
My understanding is that the sub frame needs to be droped and 2 pieces of angle iron need to be welded onto each side of the strut tower, with a re-enforced backing plate and that should be it. Then lube the heck out of the bar with some very heavy grease and that should be it.

Correct?

Woz 2000 Contour SVT #136 Black with Blue leather 30% tint all around 12.2" Wilwood Billet NDL PS: I hate ALL Ford Dealers

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard