So whats up with the next meet?

H
Scourge of the Master Debaters
OP Offline
H
Originally posted by Doug Christman:
So whats up with the next meet?

I'm still trying to find a place with self-serv car wash stalls. There's one right by my house, but I don't even know if its open. I'm going to keep looking, though and I'll let everyone know.

If anyone can suggest a definite place to meet so we can wash, please share. Worst case scenario, I have enough soap for several cars, and a microfiber towel that can dry a few cars at one time.

Beer is my Gatorade. Hooray Beer. '98 "Sport" Pacific Green '98 E0 SVT Silver Frost Pictures
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
you cazy! its like 20deg and 10 with windchill, you want to wash cars? eeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkk, Freeze them doors shut and then have to rip the ruber seals just to open them again!! lol

1999 T-Red Contour SE Sport S&B Filter Custom 2.25 exhaust with magnaflow parts. Focus 16" Rims
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
hey hetfield, where u work? i notice you say you work on computers and networking... i need a job and iam in the IT field as well... keep getting stuck with these oddball temp jobs... cant find much for long term..

1999 T-Red Contour SE Sport S&B Filter Custom 2.25 exhaust with magnaflow parts. Focus 16" Rims
H
OP Offline
H
It's supposed to be 35 on Sunday. At least it was when I last checked. Anyway, I have to find some way to wash my car because it is absolutely CAKED with salt.

I work at UWM in the student union. The state is about to go into a hard-core hiring freeze, so I don't know if I can help you much here. The only way to get an IT job would be a part-time one if you became a student.

Last edited by hetfield; 12/05/02 10:00 PM.

Beer is my Gatorade. Hooray Beer. '98 "Sport" Pacific Green '98 E0 SVT Silver Frost Pictures
H
OP Offline
H
Ok, here's the deal:

There's a place right by my house that has self-serv bays open 24/7. They also have automatics if you don't want to get out of the car, but I'm not sure if there are any machines touching the car (machines BAD). The water in the self serv is not heated. The cost is $1.50 for something like 4 minutes, and the guy I talked to said that it usually takes $3.00 to get your car clean.

So, my proposal is this: we can meet at my house about 1:30 or 2:00 which is the warmest part of the day, head over and wash our cars, then head back here and use my garage for whatever else (like testing 99REDSE's alternator) out of the wind and cold.

I'm located near the junction of I94 and College Ave. just south of the airport. If everyone is cool with this then I'll give more exact directions. And even if you're not planning on washing your car, come along just for the hell of it anyway.

Z
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
Z
Hey. I still plan to come so if you want to pm me your exact address that would be great. I know my way around down there pretty well so an address is all I need.

O
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
O
im gonna need to know like some exact directions and exact times..

i would prefer 2:00 over 1:30..

~nick 2001 Cougar V6 MTX 3L Cougar.
H
OP Offline
H
Originally posted by ov3n:
im gonna need to know like some exact directions and exact times..

i would prefer 2:00 over 1:30..

That's cool... I just wanted to make sure that someone would come before I posted directions

Take I43/I94 south. Just past the airport you'll exit on College Ave. Take a right off the ramp, but keep left, as you'll be turning left onto 20th street right after leaving the ramp. Take 20th south for a few blocks. You'll see some signs warning that the road is narrowing to two lanes. The intersection where the road starts to narrow is Wood Ave. Take a right onto Wood. There are only two houses on the street, mine is the green/tan house on 21st and Wood.

G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
Is this still happening?

GnuLoCo

2000 Silver Frost Mercury Cougar V6 MTX Tint, Tails, Sidemarkers, Intake, Dual exhaust (Yo-Dude/Borla Hybrid) Full wings west kit, '01 OEM spoiler, ST200 RSTB, OMP FSTB, Nifty little '01 shift knob and Short Throw Shifter....
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard