Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by wavrdr:

Brad's 14 sec. run was prior to the install of the 3 liter.

Well damn! Ain't that a b!tch!

Brad, you go on with your bad self!
If I Nitrous Cooled a Turbo with 12lb of boost, could I run an 11.0ET?
Then I might have that 98mph trap...

SVT Parts For Sale!PM Me. 2006 M6 Cyclone Gray GTO 1995 Mazda Protege Commuter Special 93 FXDWG Dyna Wide Glide I'm A TROLL Now!~
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
At the time I ran 14.53 the only mods I had were drop in K&N, headers, off-road y-pipe, Borla, Quaife, and drag radials. My car is making more power now but even with drag radials traction is very limited and as a result it is going be very difficult to lower times without using better tires or making alot more power (blower, turbo, nitrous).

99 T-Red SVT #1634/2760 K&N filter Aussie Intake Pipe Pro-M 75mm & Optimizer B&M Edge Shifter Quaife LSD Borla Cat back MSDS Headers/sho-shop Y-Pipe Dynoed at 184.2 HP & 157.2 TQ 14.53@94.15
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I dont care if you belive me or not i ran a 14.9 at 98mph with a .02 response time. it was amasing the track officals were so impressed cause right at the very end i sprayed to speed up to 98mph

Trollin the boards as of 9/23
Originally posted by GS474:
stock hp is never enough

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
BTW i am runing 11.00 flat now so i think i have you all beat and only have DRL with add about 15hp and i have warm air intake because i dont want my engine to have to work to warm all the air up so i am helping it along but just sucking in warm air

stock hp is never enough

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by StaticTour96:
I dont care if you belive me or not i ran a 14.9 at 98mph with a .02 response time. it was amasing the track officals were so impressed cause right at the very end i sprayed to speed up to 98mph
No, no, you're all wrong... it was 14.8 get your facts straight.

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
well you would prolly know better then me i was pretty excited that night since it was the first time i got to spray at the track so i have a hard time recalling

I am spraying 250 shot to so it is really fast now with my warm air and all

stock hp is never enough

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by StaticTour96:

yada yada yada...

.500 REACTION time is perfect. .02 would be a bad redlight. response time or not.

You'd have to spray for over half the track to make high 90's. Not just a little burst at the end!

I still cry BS and with good reason too.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
i know for like the last 1/4 section of the track i just held the button down and just made a contious spray. it did wonders for my car

stock hp is never enough

S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
Hahahaha held the button down.

This is what im gonna say. I have never seen Demon drag race other than in videos. Hes in the same Autocross class as me STS and he was 1.7 seconds slower than the fastest ESP class vehicle (02 Lighting with stickies) then that speaks wonders of his car. He flat out destroied my by almost 5 seconds and i was the second fastest SVT. An i have seen videos of Him racing against PhatSVT. Demon can drive, and i wouldn't put money on anyone besides him if they where racing NA vs NA svt. His Mods are well umm amazing.

just my .02 cents

B
Redneck Troll
Redneck Troll
B
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
Brad Noon ran a 14.78 in his SE (yep, not even an SVT) way back when by hitting a 2.0x 60' time as well. Not stock either, but not "overly" modified either. (for the record he ran in the low 15's at the track I run at )

I had 225/50/15 Bridgestone Potenza RE71's (really, really loved those tires), an engine torque strap (people made fun of it, so I didn't sell them), a cold air intake pipe with a ram duct in the front (no filter for the run), chip to bump the rev limiter, 50-60 degree temps, all useless crap out of the trunk (jack, spare), iced the intake, and got the wheel hop free launch of my life from 3500 RPM to a 2.099 60 foot time. Ran a 13.8 running a 75 shot of juice too, but no time slip from that run so I never claim it seriously.

All of this was on the factory 2.5L. Haven't been back to a track since. The track you run at does make a huge difference, as do the temps, sea level, and humidity levels. Two weeks previous to these runs, at KCIR during the K.C. '99 CEG National meet, the best I got was a 15.935 at 86 MPH. At that track, modded SVT's were having trouble breaking into the 15's that night because of the high temps (mid 90's) and high humidity (fog was rolling in), combined with a really, REALLY shizzy traction limited launching area. Of course I didn't have the chip, the ram duct, the torque strap, the good track to run at, and I had about 80 pounds worth of tools in the trunk!!! Hell, my run won me a $50 gift cirtificate from Warren (KMM) for being the lowest SE timeslip (by over half a second) and beat out quite a few SVTs too. Either I had a freak, or I am a driving freak!

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard