Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
S
I've got an early '99 SE, and mine has the driver side option...they took that out? I'd think it would be more expensive to make the engineering change than leave it in for the last year of production...

Also...I did the fix as Ray suggested it about 2 years ago, and it worked perfectly the first time...and ever since. Did it too on a friends '99 and it worked right also...forget what size hole i drilled, but it was the Ray suggested starter size. I also took time to completely deburr and make sure the copper piece was clean before I inserted it, to eliminate any weird airflow issues.

Don't forget to let your computer go through 3-5 complete drive cycles before adjusting things further (unless something is really wacky) or you'll drive yourself (and your computer) nuts.

Rich 1999 T-Red SE MTX (Mine) 1994 Red Explorer XLT (Son's) 2001 P-Gold XLT 4x4 Escape (Wife's)
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
yes. Your contour has that driver express down feature. All you have to do is just touch the down button and let go right away. 99 is the last year they had that feature and they decontented it in 2000.

Irfan Rahim irfman2000@yahoo.com 2006 Blue Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V Former owner of a silver 2000 Contour SE Sport ATX
D
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
D
Re: one touch window:
I've been wondering about this. I have a 2000 SVT, and *sometimes* I can get the window to go down with a one-touch action, but I can't repeat it. Anyone know what's up with that?

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard