Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I have mine drilled 5/64" in the center. If it makes an air noise, I don't hear it(music too loud ) Here is exactly how I installed mine(in idiots terms, since I am an idiot..lol):

Disconnected negative battery terminal

Loosened screw on metal tightening thing(for lack of proper word) around the hose

pulled hose loose on side that points to the passenger side

put drilled cap on my finger like a thimble and greased it

pushed it into the hose about an inch and a half

put hose back on and checked for proper fit

tightened screw on metal tightening thing(I really don't know what it is called )

reconnected negative battery terminal

turned on headlight/fog lamps and Max A/C to HI

started car and let it idol for a few minutes(perfect time to reset lost settings caused by disconnecting the negative battery terminal)

shut car off

keeping lights on and Max A/C on HI, started car again and let it run for a few mins. After that I drive it around the block(with hood closed of course).

Shut car off

Moose is gone for good!

Now, this may not be the proper way to do it, but it has worked for me so far with no complaints. I always turn the headlights/fog lamps on and Max A/C to HI each time I disconnect/reconnect the battery.

As for the auto up/down feature, I don't have it(I don't think they offered it), but a few guys here have done it IIRC.

'01 Escape XLT V6 on S100 CDT Audio/Ascendant Audio/Rockford/JBL/Knukonceptz setup '00 SE Sport ATX
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hey buddy. Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. I'm going to use your idea lol on that throttle hang fix procedure. Yeah the dealer was right for that driver window express down feature. Are you planning on getting that feature installed?

Irfan Rahim irfman2000@yahoo.com 2006 Blue Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V Former owner of a silver 2000 Contour SE Sport ATX
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hey, I did that throttle hang fix procedure again. I pulled the computer fuse instead of disconnecting the battery. I drilled a 5/64 hole in the middle of the cap andput the cap inside the hose and I reinstalled the hose and tightned the hose clamp. I put the computer fuse back in and I turned my headlights and my a/c on and I started up the car. It's now idling very low. It's idling at about 500 rpm's and my check engine light came on after that. Is your car idling low after you did that? Did your check engine light ever come on?I drove it around the block and I thought it was going to idle normal but it didn't. After that, i turned it off and started it back up and I got the same results. What do you think I did wrong?

Irfan Rahim irfman2000@yahoo.com 2006 Blue Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V Former owner of a silver 2000 Contour SE Sport ATX
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
I think your supposed to drive around for 20 minutes or so to let the computer recalibrate, not just around the block.

"Cobb - It's not just for corn anymore!"
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hey. What's up? How do you know that I gotta drive around for 20 minutes. I let the car idle for a total of 8 minutes. When you did the fix, did your car idle too low? Did your check engine light come on? Mine did.

Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hey. How do you know that I gotta drive around for 20 minutes for the computer to reset? Did your car idle very low when you did the fix? Did your check engine light come on? Mine did.

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
No check engine light for me. I drove around the block after second start up no prob. I tried it earlier today before I typed a response just to be sure. Last time I had low RPMs and a check engine light my IAC was replaced.

'01 Escape XLT V6 on S100 CDT Audio/Ascendant Audio/Rockford/JBL/Knukonceptz setup '00 SE Sport ATX
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hey guess what? I got it perect. I had an old pipe cap with a 1/4 hole in it so I got some electrical tape and wrapped it around the hole and got a pen and punched a hole in it and I put the hose back on and It's not revving high anymore when I start it. I put the cap on the side where the throttle body hose is instead of the intake monifold side so it won't suck in the tepe. It's not going to happen. It revs no higher than 1500 rpms and the hang is gone . The only minore problem that i'm having is that when I turn on my ac, the rpms are between 500 and 750 when I have it off, it goes back up to 750. I'm so happy now. I just got done playing with it. I disconnected the battery for about 15 seconds and I put it back on and the check engine light is not on anymore. It probably cleared a code or something.

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
where do i get a how to on the fix? I dont know what kinda of cap or how big or anything

Trollin the boards as of 9/23
Originally posted by GS474:
stock hp is never enough

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by StaticTour96:
where do i get a how to on the fix? I dont know what kinda of cap or how big or anything

http://contour.org/mods/mods.php?s=howto&displayid=34

"Cobb - It's not just for corn anymore!"
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard