Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#472927 11/03/02 06:06 PM
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
Well as most of you guys know, my car is in the shop for what I think is a bad differential!!! The shop says they think it is the "spider gears". However I had some parts of my tranny replaced about 6-7 mounths ago so if the broken part is one the ones the replaced before it falls under the ford parts warranty!!!!

These are the parts they replaced previously:
f7rz7005BA Case-Transaxle Clutch 248.80
f5rz4026FD Differential ASY-Transaxle 169.48
f5rz7f343BA GR-trans FNL DRV RG 220.22
2 f5rz1177AA seal-Transaxle Diff stub shaft 8.25
2 f5rz4221ac Bearing Asy-axle Diff 18.04

and there are a few other parts I can list if needed...

Now my question is: are the Spider gears located in any of the parts listed???
I am guessing there located in the Differential Asy-Transaxle, but I am not sure ....
The reason I ask is because I am expecting a battle from the shop and want to be prepared!!!

Thanks again !!!!

1998.5 CSVT #3617 K&N Custom Intake Custom 2 3/4 Magnaflow cat back Ram HD Power Grip Clutch Energy Suspension Inserts Bosch Platnium + Bf-Goodrich G-force radials "KDWS" Alpine deck CDA-7863 Boston mids More to come: Stock Sucks!!!!
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
You are correct TommyBoy, the spider gears are located in the differential assembly. They owe you some parts! They should cover the labor too since their part broke.

'98 SVT Contour, in at least 639 pieces 4 Speed MTX...synchro and shift fork replacement in progress
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Don't forget that the parts warranty is 12 months or 12,000 miles, whichever comes first.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
B
Redneck Troll
Redneck Troll
B
Expecting an "unusual use and abuse" claim on their end could easily get rid of any warranty if they wanted it to. Especially as easy as the stock diff can break because of wheel hop...

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by bnoon:
Expecting an "unusual use and abuse" claim on their end could easily get rid of any warranty if they wanted it to. Especially as easy as the stock diff can break because of wheel hop...

Could you explain more, I didn't even have wheel hop with this diff. and as far as "unusual use and abuse" all I did was drive the car to and from school with an occasional slip clutch start !!!!

1998.5 CSVT #3617 K&N Custom Intake Custom 2 3/4 Magnaflow cat back Ram HD Power Grip Clutch Energy Suspension Inserts Bosch Platnium + Bf-Goodrich G-force radials "KDWS" Alpine deck CDA-7863 Boston mids More to come: Stock Sucks!!!!
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Ask the shop what was the cause of the damage.

If they found something like a broken bolt inside the case,
it could have come loose and got in-between the gears...

If this was already repaired by FORD, less than 12 months ago, why didn't you take it back to FORD ?
You wouldn't have to be worrying about what is covered!

Pete... 2004 Mercury Marauder 300A Black Clearcoat/Dark Charcoal LEATHER DOB 10/31/2003 DOP 1/2/2004 www.mercurymarauder.net
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by RoadRunner:

If this was already repaired by FORD, less than 12 months ago, why didn't you take it back to FORD ?
You wouldn't have to be worrying about what is covered!

It is at a ford dealership and I am still worried !!!

T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
Finally they got the tranny out after 3 weeks maybe next week they can tear it down and look it

T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
I called the ford dealership today and they told me that my car is being put back togather and he also told me that this is the last time ford will warranty the differential. Is that possible???

A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Originally posted by TommyBoy:
I called the ford dealership today and they told me that my car is being put back togather and he also told me that this is the last time ford will warranty the differential. Is that possible???
I do not know, but I'd make damn sure they knew that if it broke again they would be fixing it for free, whether or not they want to say it is under warranty. Just to alleviate any future problems.

-Giovanni One turbocharger. Two intercoolers. All love.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard