Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
The whole purpose of this thread was to show that it's not as hard as people have originally thought. For engine management, I would just use one from a Mustang GT. Then, hook up the actuator for what would be the secondaries on the Mustang engine, to the VCT on a Jag engine. Then, you can put a TwEECer on the Mustang PCM.

It's just spark plugs and injectors

-Auto Makor- -Experimentor -Station Wagonor- -Computerizor- I have a foot that is bigger than a foot. SuperChipFOR SALE
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
The older this car gets, the easier this will get, and the more you will see it. Lot's of old cars running around out there with crazy engine swaps.

If they can drop a Cossie engine in a Focus and make it RWD, I don't see how we would be perpetually limited. Yeah, it takes money, and maybe some cutting, but that's the kind of thing these old gearheads do before breakfast.

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
You guys want someone to step up to the plate? I'LL DO IT! I am willing to put in the time and effort and money involved to make this work! Now Chris, all I need is the v-8 out of your LS and I'll be ready to start.

95 SE Modded - Gone 98 E0 Black SVT - Gone 98 se sport - Broken 00 T-Red SVT - Nice
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
What about jag's x type transmission layout? couldnt we make contours all wheel drive?

J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Dude I really hope somebody decides to attempt this totally, just cause I want to be jealous of them.

99 Mystique LS T-Red ATX Duratec Mods: Hella stereo Mods K & N air filter w/intake pipe www.sounddomain.com/id/jongordo8
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T

98 Contour SE Sport w/ MTX K&N Air Filter FlowMaster Exhaust Removed Resonator Universal GTR Type C Wing Shaved door handles Custom Paint 16" Chrome Rims Dropped
H
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
H
I know of a Used Lincoln LS 4.0L LS Engine. Low miles. $900.00

Sold 1998 Contour LX 13.868 sec 1/4 mile time. Two years of rental cars, seriously. Holding out for 07 Cobra Mustang.
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Chris,

You may have read my post a few months back on this topic.

After measuring the engine in a V8 Continental and a V8 SHO Taurus I determined that there is indeed room for a V8 under the hood in the normal transvers position.

But something has to go. There would not be room for the transmission, or at least the bell housing (that is about 2"). A Contour would surely look very funny if the whole car were widened enough for this. Kind of brings the old AMC Pacer to mind.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Just keep in mind that the engine is going to torque in the engine bay, I was amazed at the amount of engine rotation, watching the video I made at the dyno the other day..

I have always been a big fan of v-8s and in a way... I .. can't believe.... I'm.. saying this.. but what about taking an SVT Focus engine and tranny and mounting in the engine bay then strapping in a jackson supercharger? Not sure of the weight difference, but that might be interesting. Some reports are saying about 230 HP at the crank but the torque is gonna be a little low at around 130.. so maybe its not really that great of an idea.

Current Car: 2005 Lava Orange Mazdaspeed Miata 2004 Graphite Dodge Stratus Old cars: 2003 Garnet Mica Miata/1998 T-Red SVT Contour
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Why do that when the basic 3L swaps are running around 230 at the crank and cost a hell of a lot less than another engine AND a supercharger. If that isn't enough the 3L - 2.5L hybrid swaps are making anywhere from 230-275 at the crank.
To top that off, for essentially for the same cost of that engine and supercharger you can drop in a 3L and a vortech supercharger and net 350 at the crank.
And for a little more cash you can add the turbo kit instead.

-you can do the math.

warmonger

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard