Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
the 5.0 Cammer V8 is said to cost in the neighborhood of 5-7K

Tea 82 242Ti Proud former owner - Samantha '98 SVT #2253 Reborn Aug 21 2002 Cobra Paradise
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
doc vox

I suggest you remove your head from your ass then think and then possibly post but it would do the whole site a favor if you never posted again!

you dont have to be such a dick head about it doc vox. Some people may not know as much as you. you had to learn sometime too. everybody does. all you are doing is making everone thing that you are a serious ass hole.

Last edited by BSOELMAN; 07/09/04 04:56 PM.

95 mystique daily driver 96 mystique parts car 95 contour 3.0L oval port swap in the works check my classified ad
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Ever hear of the GRM $200x challenge? You have to acquire and prep a car for under $2004 dollars ($2005 for next year, get it?) to compete in a drag, autocross, and concours judging. This has been going on for 5 years, now, and V-8 engine swaps have become very popular. Seems nothing makes more torque for less money than good old American iron. So, last year's winner was a v-8 powered Miata. This year it was a V-8 powered 300ZX, but the wildest ride was the V-8 powered, rear-driven 1986 CRX. Came in like 6th or 7th out of about 80 competitors.

People who say it can't be done are wrong.

People who say it will be too expensive are also wrong.

I'm not saying I know how to do it, mind you, but I have come to believe that anything is possible, and it's not about the money, but the ingenuity and skill that is available and motivated.

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by BSOELMAN:

you dont have to be such a dick head about it doc vox. Some people may not know as much as you. you had to learn sometime too. everybody does. all you are doing is making everone thing that you are a serious ass hole.

Vox was a bit over the top, but you seemed to speak with authority while putting your foot in your mouth.

If it's any consolation, you made a very intelligent post over on that stupid "I hate synthetic oil" rant, so I guess you can stay.

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by Horse:
the 5.0 Cammer V8 is said to cost in the neighborhood of 5-7K

Actualy I belive it costs about $10k,plus the wire harness and computer etc.. was said to cost some were around $13-15k .

A while back we did some pre-lim measurements at ATI motorsports(makers of the 03 cobra focus) and initial measurements said it would fit, but we never got under the car to take final meaurements. And no it would't cost $110k, maybe more like $30k,depending on set up chosen i.e. Irs,or solid, OHC,or, 5.0l etc..

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
we can cram a v8 into a contour, we have enough room with slight modifications, you think the focus didn't get those modifications. the focus did! Somebody just has to be willing to do it, and expect failer, and still keep trying until they do get it. And once that happens, they will be very well known on CEG quickly, along with most racing magazines, just as the guys who did the focus v8.

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
For those of you that might be refering to my post, i know it's not an easy job. i know the focus had to e modified heavily, hell it's even RWD. I had asked about this when i first got my CSVT and everyone bashed the idea to death saying it was impractical and stupid, but to hell with practicality, it's about the fun and the challenge. and the $105k was just the figure out of motor trend, i know it's not going to cost to much especially if you can do most of the work yourself, i'm sure that figure included a cr@pload of labor cost and misc. stuff like rear-ends, wheels, brakes, guages, transmission, ect. obviously this is not an easy task, and definately not the cheapest, but it definately would be very unique.

2000 Ford Contour SVT-t GT28R - 287whp/314wtq @ 11 psi (very little tuning) Cardomain Page Photobucket Page *Formally XxColdAzFireXx*
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by BSOELMAN:
doc vox

I suggest you remove your head from your ass then think and then possibly post but it would do the whole site a favor if you never posted again!

He is though... so everyone might as well think that he is.

04 Subaru WRX "Eurosport bling bling fast and furious tokyo drift" "They have diarrhea of the mouth, and constipation of thought"
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Revived an old thread without even posting in it.

· Jon Miconi · Coming Soon! · 01 Cougar · 98 V70R
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by Stazi the Aussie:
Originally posted by Thinkmoto:

OWNED!! Too bad with the Cobra motor you have to run manual brakes with no power assist

Not true!

You can install a vacuum accumulator to allow you to run vac-assist brakes.

Then why didn't they do it when they built that protype with the Cobra engine in it. And where are you gonna put the accumualtor? There is no room under the hood and under the car it's tight too. I know anything can be done, but come on already. The car also overheated when ran hard if I remember correctly.

06 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dmax/ally 06 Pontiac G6 GT 05 CRF250R FOR SALE 06 KX65 with riding gear $2700 obo
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard