Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
L
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
L
Just a thought:
I have found the THF exadurates bucking in first gear.

'98.5 SVT E1 T-Red, Midnight Blue All stock
T
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by mcciavarella:
Just a thought:
I have found the THF exadurates bucking in first gear.

Throttle Hang Fix?

I don't have it if thats what you mean.

1998 T-Red SVT #957 Born 5/14/1997
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
1) DO NOT REMOVE THE SENSOR FROM THE HOUSING. Just spray it in place.
2) Use brake cleaner, or better yet electronics cleaner. Something that is residue free (and carb cleaner isn't it, O2 safe or not).

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Didn't we talk about possibly using IPA as a cleaner before ?? Would a gentle swabbing do the trick as well ??

Bless our servicemen & women overseas. L.Cpl Ian Malone, 1st Battalion Irish Guards, R.I.P.
T
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by PA 3L SVT:
1) DO NOT REMOVE THE SENSOR FROM THE HOUSING. Just spray it in place.
2) Use brake cleaner, or better yet electronics cleaner. Something that is residue free (and carb cleaner isn't it, O2 safe or not).

After our conversation at E-Town, I wasn't planning on removing the sensor. I have a big can of electronics cleaner at home and planned on using that.

Thanks for the tips, guys.

A
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by TheGreatOne:
im having a similar problem. I do have some tranny problems but I believe this one is related to a bad rear motor mount/roll restrictor.
My rear mount is shot, too, and I have the same trouble. When the car is cold, I have to coast the car up to 3rd gear to mitigate the bucking.

Black/tan early '98 Contour SE Sport; dead-dead-deadsky (gone, split, outta here, afterlife kids) '05 Pontiac Sunfire; 2.2L Ecotec, ATX, well-equipped Mom also has black/tan '98 Mystique LS; V6, ATX, Alpine CD deck
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
In reply to:

My tranny likes to buck a little when stuck in major rush hour traffic at low speeds. I'll tap the gas or I'll let off the gas and it'll buck a little.

I've seen 2 other cars buck like that at low speeds just after clutch engagement due to a lean stumble, ie unmetered air leaning out the mixture on throttle tip in. Both cases were traced back to slits or cracks in the air intake hose which let in just enough unmetered air to throw off the whole combustion process.

That phenomenon could also result from MAF problems too, since a faulty or dirty MAF could give similar lean tip-in conditions.

I personally have noticed that the throttle hang fix has caused some throttle tip-in jerkiness, so maybe that is the issue here.

-Kurt 50% of all people are below average.
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Don't swab - the less you touch the sensor elements, the better off you are. If you break one of them, it's time for a new MAF. If you leave cotton behind, then it's still contaminated. If you move one or both of the leads, the fine calibration done at the factory can be changed (each sensor is hot calibrated and laser trimmed on a flow bench during manufacture, AFTER the housing is attached to the sensor).

T
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
T
OK, yesterday morning, I went out and cleaned the MAF with Electronic cleaner (I kept it in the tube and sprayed through the screen). And since I had the tube off , I cleaned the TB's with some TB cleaner. I put everything back and took it for a test drive.

Something wierd is happening. I would pull up to a light or stop sign with the car revving a little high (~3K because I didn't feel like shifting). And once I pushed in the clutch at around 3K to coast to a stop, my car would stall. It happened a lot after I did the cleaning and then would do it less after the day went on.

Tonite, I pulled fuses 4 and 11 and did the idle-mild drive thing and it didn't stall. I HOPE that is my fix.

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by TommySVT:
I'm afraid to find the answer out. I tried doing a search, but didn't find anything.

My tranny likes to buck a little when stuck in major rush hour traffic at low speeds. I'll tap the gas or I'll let off the gas and it'll buck a little. I think I read that the DMD helps a little (even though I know its an engine mod). My tranny has NO problems shifting in gear or staying in gear. Its smooth shifting.

Any ideas, suggestions, or mods to help me out?

Thats exactly what my car did befor the differential went!!

1998.5 CSVT #3617 K&N Custom Intake Custom 2 3/4 Magnaflow cat back Ram HD Power Grip Clutch Energy Suspension Inserts Bosch Platnium + Bf-Goodrich G-force radials "KDWS" Alpine deck CDA-7863 Boston mids More to come: Stock Sucks!!!!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard