Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 17 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17
#467637 01/29/03 06:22 PM
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
I still haven't gotten mine yet, but like I said earlier, when I do I will compare them to the carpet sample they sent me and if there is a difference I will contact Falcon and insist that they replace our mats.

For the time being, please make sure you save your boxes and any documentation that came with the mats.

Thanks.

-svtdc- '98 E0 silver frost SVT - SOLD Mods: DMD, Mobil 1 oil and filter (is this a mod?)
#467638 01/29/03 08:05 PM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by svtdc:
I still haven't gotten mine yet, but like I said earlier, when I do I will compare them to the carpet sample they sent me and if there is a difference I will contact Falcon and insist that they replace our mats.

For the time being, please make sure you save your boxes and any documentation that came with the mats.

Thanks.

so for now, should I keep the stuff in the box. . .I think I threw one of them away. . .crap. I don't know, they're grey, but I didn't think we had any recourse. . .

#467639 01/29/03 08:46 PM
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
Got mine today! Thanks again.
They really look gray to me also.
I don't have a huge problem w/ that, but
if you can get us correct ones that is great.

#467640 01/29/03 11:29 PM
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by csc99svt:
hey wait a second now.....i ordered midnight blue floormats, NOT gray ones....that is fine and dandy that you guys are ok with yours......but that doesnt mean that everyone is gonna be cool with having off-colored floor mats.....i dont want off colored floor mats......one thing that makes me mad about this is that this happened once before, and they corrected the problem and those people got midnight blue mats. now we try a second group buy with these and they give us off colored floor mats again!? am i seriously the only person that is bothered by this.....i mean those pictures, the mats dont match at all, especially if you have a custom silver/blue interior with NO gray in it anywhere......

Yeah I'm not liking the grey at all

CSVT Feels Like Heaven Goes Like Hell Profile
#467641 01/30/03 03:22 AM
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
yep got mine today.....this aint cuttin it......they are in the box ready to go back....just let me know when and where.......

--Chris-- 1999 Silver Frost SVT #1671 of #2760
#467642 01/30/03 05:00 AM
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Well I received my mats finally and I compared them to the color sample that Falcon sent me a couple months ago and which I approved. There is not a huge difference but there is definitely a difference. It's as if they took out the blue and left the dark grey in.

Now like I said earlier, the mats were not going to be a perfect match. The color sample they sent me, which is supposedly what they used on the last batch for Bill Jenkins, was slightly greyer than the OEM midnight blue but it was definitely bluer than the mats they sent us.

All that being said, I am going to get in touch with Falcon and see how we can remedy this situation. One thing that will be an issue in all this is that I have to take a business trip to the Balkans for a week beginning Sunday and I will thus be unable to keep up with communications.

This means that I may need somoene to step in (at least temporarily) to stay in touch with Falcon while I am out of the country and unavailable. Does anybody want to volunteer? I want someone who will be firm but not an [censored]; it does no good to piss people off.

-svtdc- '98 E0 silver frost SVT - SOLD Mods: DMD, Mobil 1 oil and filter (is this a mod?)
#467643 01/30/03 07:49 PM
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Alright folks, here's the email I sent Falcon. If I don't here from them by tomorrow I will call. MarkusSVT has graciously voluteered to be the point man while I'm out. We'll keep you posted.

"Grant,

I and many of the others have received the mats and there is a general consensus that the mats are not dark blue, but dark grey. I compared the mats you shipped with the color sample you sent me and there is a discernable difference. The mats you shipped seem to lack the blue quality that was in the color sample.

I know you indicated that it was very hard to get a good match with dark blue, and I would certainly not be complaining if the color sample did not differ from the mats, but the fact is, a number of the buyers are dissatisfied with their purchase and the mats do differ from the color sample.

What can we do to rectify the situation. I know some of the buyers (including myself) would like to return their mats to be replaced by a set(s) that match the color sample.

Also, I am going to be out of town from Feb 2-9 so I have enlisted one of the buyers, Markus, to deal with this while I am out. He has been copied on this email so please copy him on your reply.

Thanks,

Josh"

#467644 01/30/03 08:22 PM
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Sounds good
I just don't want to get raped on shipping costs on this one.

CSVT Feels Like Heaven Goes Like Hell Profile
#467645 01/30/03 08:52 PM
Z
zr500lc Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Z
I agree the mats are not dark blue and i would send mine back if there is a possablity of that happening. Still they are good quality and they do look nice but i think dark blue would be alot better.

#467646 01/30/03 09:00 PM
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Well Grant at Falcon just called me (good sign) and the next step is that I am going to send him one of my rear mats and a portion of the color sample so that he can see the difference and check to see if the production folks made a mistake.

MarkusSVT and I will keep you posted but it looks like there won't be any new information until they get the return shipment from me (which could take a week or so).

Once again I'll have to ask for you all to hold tight. This is a major PIA and the timing couldn't be worse for me but such is life.

Page 14 of 17 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard