Print Thread
#466083 10/25/02 12:19 AM
N
nkahrim Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
N
I have a 96 Duratec ATX with 103K, would I be able to safely run a 50 or 75 shot of nitrous? If so, what company would you recommend and would the tranny pose a problem? Also, I only have your basic intake, exhaust mods. Should I work on other stuff like TB, injectors and mass air flow before I even think about nitrous? finally, can either the turbo kit or supercharger work on the ATX? Thanks alot

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
depends on how your vehicle maintained, and your tranny. Personally with 100k on the clock on the motor and tranny. I think tranny would go boom first, and then, down the road, the motor might not like you anymore.

Ryan Trollin!
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by nkahrim:
I have a 96 Duratec ATX with 103K, would I be able to safely run a 50 or 75 shot of nitrous? If so, what company would you recommend and would the tranny pose a problem? Also, I only have your basic intake, exhaust mods. Should I work on other stuff like TB, injectors and mass air flow before I even think about nitrous? finally, can either the turbo kit or supercharger work on the ATX? Thanks alot

you should be fine with your stock injectors (assuming they're clean and in good working order) unless you break a 100 shot. TB is overrated imho, a pro-m and chip definately couldnt hurt though The vortech SC will not work with the ATX, the turbo kit will, chris' car will be the first to get 'teh turbo' iirc and hes running an ATX

-Matt "Pain heals, chicks dig scars, and glory lasts forever!" will do/pay just about anything for the following parts: CF sunroof glass replacement OEM CF trunk Non OEM style cf or fiberglass hood not the cf1 design

Link Copied to Clipboard