Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
I hate to interrupt this Ford Dealer hatefest, but I have a personal question for you, Tony.

Do you have any relatives in the Palm Springs/Cathedral City area of California? I was friends with a guy named Josh Boner when I worked down there. Last i spoke with him, I believe he had moved to Orange County...I lost track of him after the company we worked for fired me and disbanded our division a few months later.

2000 Contour SE Sport Originator of the Beowulf Headlight Mod and the Beowulf CAI
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by tboner:
I believe recalls are released typically for safety related items. Such as the wheels will fall off.

I do believe that for mechanical problems, only TSB's are issued. So if there are problems with head gaskets, you won't see a recall, maybe a campaign to extend the warranty such as the fuel flapper valve on some 98+ Contours, but they won't recall the car.

I don't have a problem with cars that break, because stuff breaks. But how does the carmaker and the dealer network stand behind that purchase.

But remember, you and I don't buy cars from Ford, we buy from their dealers. So when you call the Ford Customer Service line you are not really considered Ford's customer, the dealership is.

I suspect that is why you hear so many times, you need to work this out with your dealership.

TB
Thankful I have a good independent mechanic for stuff I can't do.

A head gasket isn't a part that should ever wear out on a car. Well, maybe a blown top fuel dragster, but certainly not mom's minivan. I don't care how many miles, it should never break. It was a factory defect, and should have been recalled. How many other consumer products would get away with factory defects like that without being publicly shunned? We buy these vehicles because they are what is available. Well, I'm at the point where I'm going to spend a bit more money for quality (read: German manufacturers). Quality is Job 1? Well, not at Ford it isn't.

95 Contour SE ATX V6- SOLD 2001.5 VW Passat GLX V6 Tiptronic 2004 Honda VTX 1800N1 There are no stupid questions. There are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Nope, don't know any Josh Boners.

TB

"Seems like our society is more interested in turning each successive generation into cookie-cutter wankers than anything else." -- Jato 8/24/2004
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by tboner:
Nope, don't know any Josh Boners.

TB

Thanks anyway. I should have explained that the reason I asked is that he has lots o' family in Illinios, especially in coal country.

2000 Contour SE Sport Originator of the Beowulf Headlight Mod and the Beowulf CAI
G
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
G
I had to have the switch and resistor pack replaced. It was done under a recall and no charges were involved.

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Ford sucks ... Want some cheese with that whine ???
Ford is no worse than the other brands . All cars are made to wear out so you go buy a new one.

Even the foreign cars have problems But they like to hide their problems .

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by starsky:
Ford sucks ... Want some cheese with that whine ???
Ford is no worse than the other brands . All cars are made to wear out so you go buy a new one.

Even the foreign cars have problems But they like to hide their problems .

Wow, you didn't even read what I wrote, did you? If you had, you would see an example of how Ford hides its problems. As far as initial quality, Ford is behind most other manufacturers. I just spent a good deal of time on some VW forums, and there are no where near the number of quality complaints as there are on every Ford site I've been to (very many). Ford does suck, and it sounds to me like you are blinded by brand loyalty rather than looking at their quality problems objectively.

95 Contour SE ATX V6- SOLD 2001.5 VW Passat GLX V6 Tiptronic 2004 Honda VTX 1800N1 There are no stupid questions. There are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Sandman333:
Originally posted by starsky:
Ford sucks ... Want some cheese with that whine ??? Ford is no worse than the other brands . All cars are made to wear out so you go buy a new one. Even the foreign cars have problems But they like to hide their problems .
Wow, you didn't even read what I wrote, did you? If you had, you would see an example of how Ford hides its problems. As far as initial quality, Ford is behind most other manufacturers. I just spent a good deal of time on some VW forums, and there are no where near the number of quality complaints as there are on every Ford site I've been to (very many). Ford does suck, and it sounds to me like you are blinded by brand loyalty rather than looking at their quality problems objectively.
YOU rely on a VW forum to decide if a vw is a good car ??? YOU are stupid !! It sounds like YOU are blinded by brand loyalty not me . A heater switch that breaks years after the car was made is fords fault ?? Maybe the retard that has been beating the crap out of the switch is to blame . By the way my zetec is tour is 100 % original at 117,000 miles and even has the original heater switch and spark plugs . GO buy a VW bug in yellow and chat with the vw forum on how "CUTE" your cars are . Go bitch to mommy about your car .

C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Starsky, yes, a heater switch that breaks years after IS Ford's fault, why? Because it's a recall, it happened to me, and it's happened to many other people. Car companies, and ESPECIALLY Ford, don't "just fix things" for free, it has to be THEIR FAULT and they have to admit it for them to fix things. Ford's just not that nice...

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Well, the forum has a new tard. Congrats dude! Again, if you would bother to read my posts (probably too difficult for you, considering your inablility thus far to accomplish that simple task), you would see that Ford is all I have owned. My experience with Ford's lack of quality and tendency to wash their hands of any problem is what is driving me away from Ford.

He's another one, hero:

I took my 'Tour in to the dealer to have some warranty issues resloved (one was oil leak). Long story short, the dealership faked up the engine. They wanted to put it on my warranty and have me pay for the rental. I called Ford, who had a tech out to the dealership the next day to inspect the car. They told the dealership to replace the engine, and not on the warranty. Then, when the dealership broke some items on my car, I called Ford again to ask that they authorize me to take the car to another dealership to have repairs made, as I didn't trust dealership #1. Their official response was that they didn't get involved in issues of dealer workmanship. Well, they sure got all involved when it was going to be their dime, didn't they?

Now, I made an objective comparison between complaints on VW forums and Ford forums. These are customers who won't hesitate to complain if something is faked up (on both manufacturer's forums). If anything, I'd be driving BMW if I could afford it. So much for your theories, hero.

And, FYI, I take very good care of my car. I can't afford not to. I haven't "beat" on anything. If you weren't too busy being such a tard, you would realize how utterly stupid your statement was. Do you have anything at all constructive to offer here, or did you merely sign up for CEG to see how many ppl you could piss off.

The heater switch (along with MANY other parts on the 'Tour) is well known as factory defective. I called the dealer today and there is a recall on it. So much for the problem being my fault, eh tard?

Think before you post next time, and you won't look so much the fool.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard