Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by ibub:
Unfortunately, I think you need to accept some responsibility for a bad decision.

I don't get it? I see your point about going to a tire shop for the work (which I would've done, my car goes to a Mazda dealer for work, not Ford) but how could this be blamed on him? Even the most incompitent(sp?) Ford house (which is to say all of them) should've been able to mount/balance some tires.

How many Vs would a VTEC TEC if a VTEC could TEC Vs? The one, the only....FRNKNFORD http://www.westvalleycs.com
D
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
D
1. why in the world would you go to the dealer for tires & alignment?
2. Even if you bought the tires online or used, most tire shops will mount/balance & align them for you.
3. Unfortunately, I think you need to accept some responsibility for a bad decision.

1. They have the new state of the art alignment rack, their prices were great, and it's very close. (I had to bring the kids & they gave me a ride home) I also live on the outskirts of town so nothing better is remotely close! Obviously there are a lot of things you haven't considered about this.

2. Bought them from tirerack. Where else? Not ALL shops can mount aluminum rims and Z rated tires! Matter of fact the number is fairly small comparatively.

3. So it's my fault they screwed up my rims and other stuff up? What kind of a jack ass are you or is it just plain ignorance? That's just a horsesh^t response!

This is a simple job with the right equipment! I've done it hundreds of times myself when I was a mechanic.
Now it's my bad decision because I took it to a shop that "supposedly" is staffed with ASE certified technicians & specifically told me they had the right equipment to do my rims & tires (yes I specifically asked) vs "Joe-Bob's radiator shack" with tire busters designed for steel wheels only!

I'm glad you found a good dealer. I wish I could. Though in 2 more months it's a moot point as my warranty runs out. BTW - That's the only time I take my car anywhere. Warranty work or a job that requires special equipment. Like I stated; if I had the money I'd have my own shop!

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
Demon before you come to my dealership I want you to know that a tech and I will put them on. We do not have the latest stuff. I don't know if you should come all the way out here. I will feel bad if I couldn't get to it. I know I could mount your tires on your wheels, but still I don't want you to drive all this way if nothing happens. What exactly wheels/tires did you get? Were these guys at Ray Adams tools or something? I don't find it the slightest bit hard to mess up wheels mounting tires. If you take things nice and slow usually everything comes out good. I had my 17" Cobra R's for my mustang mounted and balanced where I work, and they are even chrome. All I did was use a nice Terry cloth so I didn't scuff it up at all. Maybe you should fork over some dough and head out to KC Trends. They deal with those expensive wheels all the time.

Last edited by PhatSVT; 10/23/02 07:45 PM.

Sam 1998 SVT Contour- SOLD 2002 Mustang GT - 406 RWHP/391 RWTQ 12.1 @ 115 MPH
I
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
1. why in the world would you go to the dealer for tires & alignment?
2. Even if you bought the tires online or used, most tire shops will mount/balance & align them for you.
3. Unfortunately, I think you need to accept some responsibility for a bad decision.

1. They have the new state of the art alignment rack, their prices were great, and it's very close. (I had to bring the kids & they gave me a ride home) I also live on the outskirts of town so nothing better is remotely close! Obviously there are a lot of things you haven't considered about this.

2. Bought them from tirerack. Where else? Not ALL shops can mount aluminum rims and Z rated tires! Matter of fact the number is fairly small comparatively.

3. So it's my fault they screwed up my rims and other stuff up? What kind of a jack ass are you or is it just plain ignorance? That's just a horsesh^t response!

This is a simple job with the right equipment! I've done it hundreds of times myself when I was a mechanic.
Now it's my bad decision because I took it to a shop that "supposedly" is staffed with ASE certified technicians & specifically told me they had the right equipment to do my rims & tires (yes I specifically asked) vs "Joe-Bob's radiator shack" with tire busters designed for steel wheels only!

I'm glad you found a good dealer. I wish I could. Though in 2 more months it's a moot point as my warranty runs out. BTW - That's the only time I take my car anywhere. Warranty work or a job that requires special equipment. Like I stated; if I had the money I'd have my own shop!

So, you want to get into name calling? You didn't state in your original post that you "grilled" them about capability & equipment. Tire Rack will give you a list of local shops they work with that would have been able to install the tires you bought, and would have shipped them right to that shop. Many new car dealers don't actually have tire busting equipment, but rather farm that work out to a local tire shop they work with, same thing with glass and electronics (stereos, alarms etc). They won't tell you they do this, they just do it. I also do much of my own work and am very careful about where my car goes for the stuff I can't handle. Sorry things went badly for you, and you're obviously venting your frustration here, but you made the general statement that all Ford service sucks, and I felt that since I did find a good house, I had to defend my guys. Peace?

contours, deloreans & fiats, oh my!
J
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
J
9 Ford shops out of 10 are places I wouldn't trust them to put a set of Lego's together properly...

I'm happy that you have found a good shop. You are definintely the minority. I've been through close to 10 shops with 2 SHO's and now a Contour SVT and I can say that NONE have been worth a damn. My experiences with Chevrolet haven't been much better. Try taking a Corvette into the same place where a Geo Metro gets serviced and not break out into a cold sweat! I've been screaming for years that Corvettes should also be able to be serviced at Cadillac dealers...

Ford points to the dealers and say there's nothing they can do, their hands are tied, blah f***ing blah. The dealers come up with every BS excuse under the sun for the blatant trashing of cars, part-swappers that haven't any business working on a lawn mower, etc., etc. In the end, they do their damndest to pawn any mistakes off on the customer on his/her own time and dime. How do I know? I took my Countour in to a shop in Tulsa (Tulsa Auto Collection) to get a motor mount fixed. The problem was that the mount never was bolted down properly from day one. It came from the factory missing a nut on one of the bolts!!! I get it fixed and talk to the mechanic about it. This is when the only mod I had on the car was the intake. The guy flat-out stated that whoever installed the intake must have removed the damn nut!!! I bare-faced called the mech. an idiot because:

1) I was the guy that did it and I KNOW the difference between a bolt for a motor mount and a bolt fastening the air box down and

2) The bolt showed NO signs of wear, rust or anything. It was a FRESH bolt, which tells anyone over a room temperature IQ that a nut had never been placed on the bolt!!!

Sure enough, on the report it was stated that the owner's aftermarket modifications could have caused the bolt to have been misplaced, etc. Under the threat of bringing in an attourney and suing for libel and slander, I had the shop manager change the report, because God forbid if I ever have to bring the car in for something else, I'd most likely have a tech look at this and try to void parts of my warranty to save Ford a couple of measly dollars...

Point is, I know there are thousands of other totally disgusted Ford owners out there considering other cars from other manufacturers simply for the SOLE reason of the dealer screw-ups that is almost a trademark of Ford dealerships. If Ford had ANY intelligence whatsoever in this matter, they would wake the hell up and realize that it's PRECISELY this type of dumb-a$$ activity that is draining them of future car sales. I don't care what anyone says, crap like this WILL EFFECT A COMPANIES BOTTOM LINE. Ford needs to wake up to this fact and do something about it, instead of letting the dealer's totally wreck what little reputation that Ford has left. Like it or not, dealerships are most likely the ONLY REPRESENTATIVES of Ford that a customer will ever deal with, unless they've the intestinal fortitude of going through the loop with the joke that passes itself of as Ford customer service. Someone said it right when they said they are definintely batting for the dealerships instead of the customer...

I don't care if Ford makes a 500HP AWD 2800lb. 4-door sedan under $25,000, I'll never buy it because of the service I'd have to put up with. They have PERMANENTLY lost me as a future customer, which is a damn shame because I really like the new Cobra and I've always had a crush on the Lightning.

I just can't stand the thought of putting a $30k+ automobile in the same hands that have close to a .900 batting average of f***ing any and everything up that they get their hands on. Cars need maintenance; it's a fact. From a Ferrari down to a Yugo, there will be something that will need dealership attention from time to time.

This is why Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Infinity or Lexus will be getting my dollars next time around. I know their dealer service (as I've friends or family with at least one of the above manufactured cars). I LOVE my Contour SVT to death, but God-almighty, the trips to the dealer for maintenance are like preparing for a Supreme Court hearing. I bring my video camera and shoot the interior, exterior and engine bay, while paying special attention to my rims. I MAKE SURE that the service manager sees me doing this. I write down the mileage on my car and I make sure they see this as well. I tell them I will be checking the wheel-wells for any beaded rubber (sure sign they been doing burn-outs). I tell them the precise problem I've been having and before they DO ANYTHING corrective, to call me first. In short, shops HATE when I bring my car in, but I've no choice anymore, given the piss-poor service I've consistently received.

I'll gladly quit my job and become a full-time consultant for Ford on their service and dealership practices if they will pay me 3% yearly of the lost business I can prove from dealership screw-ups and activities in their shops. At that rate, I could retire a multi-millionare within 2-3 years. I'm serious as a heart-attack, too. If anyone from Ford reads this, hit me up, as things need IMMEDIATE improvement and I'd love to help Ford out while lining my pockets with tons of cash...

JaTo e-Tough Guy Missouri City, TX 99 Contour SVT #143/2760 00 Corvette Coupe
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
I never take my car to big dealers. I need an allignment REALLY bad (having the wheel at the 11:00 position makes the car go straight) but the only place I could get in was Valley Ford, no chance in hell am I going to take my car there. I went in to buy a light bulb there and the parts guy basically told me that I could go there when I get a "real car", which makes absolutely NO sense because you know what this dude drives? 1988 Ford Tempo. Yeah, I told them that they'd never get my business again. The ONLY and I mean ONLY Ford dealer that will get my business is Burns Motor Co. in Hawley, MN. It's owned by a man that's about 80 years old, and they care ALOT about customer satisfaction. You can even get a chair and go out to the shop and watch them, which was REALLY fun (funny, too) when they put in my alternator, the dude had to get to it from under the car, and he couldn't use powertools to get it out. The dealer is VERY reasonably priced, too. $45 an hour for labor, where Lunde Lincoln/Mercury and Valley Ford are charging about twice that.

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
I have my cars serviced at a local independent garage. My Contour started loosing power. I took it to the local independent garage. They found the problem and installed a new coil pack. The cost for diagnosis, parts, and labor were less than $50.

I tried using Ford Service. I have caught them hot rodding my car when I return to pick it up. They apologize but for them to hot rod my car when I trust them with it is inexcusable. If they would hot rod my car I wonder what else they would do. They are not the kind of people I like to deal with.

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
I take my car to dealerships for warranty work only. I do not trust the dealership service department but because warranty repairs are free I guess it is worth the risk.

L
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
L
I am going to send a copy of the complaints in this thread to any one and everyone at Ford.

'98.5 SVT E1 T-Red, Midnight Blue All stock
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by Beowulf:
Will you be my mechanic?

Possibly some type of Cyber-mechanic perhaps?

Hey, maybe your onto something? I'd never have to get my hands dirty again!

'95 CONTOUR SE -Enkei 16s -SVT wannabe -Dual escapes w/ 2 1/2" stainless tips -True LED taillight conversion -Audi Xenon Projector Retrofit -Mp3 deck, dual 10s
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard