All,

lookin at buying my 1st svt, and its supercharged. what problems
have all encountered w/supercharger (vortech) longevity,
what other problems can it cause for the car, what questions
should I ask the seller, what should I look for for install
done well????

any help is appreciated.

d

For Sale: 1998.5 Silver Frost SVT. Vortech supercharger, ShoShop Y Pipe, Borla catback, DMD, Spec Stage II clutch, Quaife LSD, B+M shifter, Ground control coilovers, Koni struts and much more. see classifieds....
B
Redneck Troll
Redneck Troll
B
Who's is it? If they are on here, we could probably tell you the quality of the install...

The Vortech specific problems were only with the first production run of kits, specific to the jackshaft drive splines (not hardened correctly) and oil seal issues (make a small loop in the oil feed line, something Vortech left out of their first installation manuals). Outside of that, there really haven't been to many problems...

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
W
Back In Black
Back In Black
W
buy mine! $14k obo
-Mark

1999 Black-N-Tan SVT Contour #291 Check out CD338.com:: The Premier Ford Fusion Site!
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
this one would be corey's iirc.

Hugo ------ 98 SVT - 53k mi - SOLD 04 Mazda3 S 5-Dr
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
yea..its coreys.

without disparaging a fellow CEG'r...can you let me know the quality
of install or his svt?

it would be much appreciated so I can get a quality vehicle.

thanks,

daniel

For Sale: 1998.5 Silver Frost SVT. Vortech supercharger, ShoShop Y Pipe, Borla catback, DMD, Spec Stage II clutch, Quaife LSD, B+M shifter, Ground control coilovers, Koni struts and much more. see classifieds....
B
Redneck Troll
Redneck Troll
B
I don't think Corey has posted any problems with his kit other than the possible warranty claim to get the updated jackshaft... Might check with him on those facts as well as making sure the oil line loop is in th oil feed line to save the seals. Having not known him personally, he seems to be very knowledgeable about his car. I say, buy it if it's a decent price...

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
W
Back In Black
Back In Black
W
Corey did change his jackshaft & Sc IIRC. The install was done by a shop professionally.
-Mark

1999 Black-N-Tan SVT Contour #291 Check out CD338.com:: The Premier Ford Fusion Site!
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
great, thanks all.

I spoke with Corey last night and all seems in order. he got
the unit replaced by vortech.

another question. He told me the supercharger works great in
the winter, but no added value during the summer (because
of taking in warm air and lack of intercooler).

is this the case? if so, I'll get no extra boost all summer
long? thats when I want to drive it!!

thanks again.

d

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Add water injection then, or an intercooler..........

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
B
Redneck Troll
Redneck Troll
B
The boost seems fine to me in summer!!! The added timing capability of colder winter temps would sure be fun though... You could always add a cooler or water injection as Stazi stated...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard