Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
L
Lee Offline
L
Ladies and Gentlemen, That was a horrible end to such an important thread...

And the worst part is she's probably fat, ugly, and has no people skills.

Lee Cox
In life begins responsability...
Project Car
B
B
Where is a Moderator when you need one?

I lost a motor at 85k. #6 con rod bearing spun, most likely due to lack of oil there. Same symptoms everyone else reports. Knocking under light load, turning louder, then it died. Ran regular dino oil. Died after a long steady drive- NY to CO straight. Worked OK for the next two weeks, but was makin' the "noise". Replaced out of my own pocket w/a 96' motor.

Hope this helps...

A
A
link man you got a live one here.
did someone say stalker???

99' tropic green SVT
2558/2760
born on 08/06/99
KKM, resonator removed, B&M short throw, SHO shop y-pipe w/cat,
Pioneer deck, Boston Accoustics 10" rallys, MTX thunder amp
C
Coors Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Thanks for the post Bicycle019 every post helps and we need to keep track of these engines blowing. Hopefully Ford will take notice. I would say hold on to your receipts, you never know when there will be a recall.

Chad
-----------------
http://www.1dzine.com
jetski@mindless.com
98.5 SVT ? KKM Tru Rev ? Glasspack instead of resonator ? Dyno Max Super Turbo Muffler w/Brospeed 3.5" Rolled tips ? Brembo/KVR Cross Drilled Cadnium Front Rotors and KVR Carbon Brake Pads ? Blown Engine Replaced @ 41K
S
S
well mine is officially gone.... found out today and ford is going to replace it but they want to see recites (sp?) for oil changes. i have to dig them up some how

99 svt contour
-its fast. period.
91 mustang gt
-its faster. period.
86 Buick Grand National
- its way faster, double period!
L
L
What happened since the last time i checked the board? hey Rick (yonker?) if that was you you're embarrassing me! Knock it off!

D
D
Coors while you are at it, ask them about the "dual mode" damper and why Cougar and Mondeo got them but Contour did not. Ask them if crank whip is a good thing. Ask them if the spun bearings might not be related to "whipping cranks" and if perhaps they could fix that problem before a bunch more persons need new motors. And a bigger, baffeled oil pan would be nice while they are at it.

1999 Amazon Green SVT Contour (#554/2760)
Stock SVT Duratec V6 with:
Intake- K&N filter/75mm MAF meter
Exhaust- MSDS Y-pipe/Bassani catback
Durability-Ford "dual mode" damper, Mobil 1/K&N oil filter
179.2 FWHP at 6900 RPM
C
Coors Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan Nixon:
Coors while you are at it, ask them about the "dual mode" damper and why Cougar and Mondeo got them but Contour did not. Ask them if crank whip is a good thing. Ask them if the spun bearings might not be related to "whipping cranks" and if perhaps they could fix that problem before a bunch more persons need new motors. And a bigger, baffeled oil pan would be nice while they are at it.

Good news is my father was able to push an email through to John Colletti and he is aware of the blown engine thing. He said they did not know of any problems with the 2.5 before but they will look into it. I guess time will tell if anything is going to be done. We might just be a few of the unlucky people who got bad engines. Don't know, but would like to find out. I'll keep this thread updated with any new info.

Chad
-----------------
jetski@mindless.com
98.5 SVT ? KKM Tru Rev ? Glasspack instead of resonator ? Dyno Max Super Turbo Muffler w/Brospeed 3.5" Rolled tips ? Brembo/KVR Cross Drilled Cadnium Front Rotors and KVR Carbon Brake Pads ? Blown Engine Replaced @ 41K
S
S
so any idea what the final number is to this point of bad duratec motors? i mentioned it to the service manager where my car is... he was also saying synthetic oil isnt any good... it doesnt help as much as claimed

99 svt contour
-its fast. period.
91 mustang gt
-its faster. period.
86 Buick Grand National
- its way faster, double period!
C
Coors Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I updated Troy at SVT's email address at the beginning of this thread. Seems I had an old address listed before. He was nice enough to call me at work and find out what was going on with the car. Talked briefly about what went wrong and he is going to give the dealership a call. Honestly, he stated that there might not be much he can do but would try anyway. Also let him know if the engineers do take a look at the engine and find anything out to give me a call or email with any info that might come from that.

He did recomend for those of you that like to drive really aggressive or race, that baffling or an oil pump system would be a good idea for added security. He also mentioned he was a little weary of putting extra oil in the car due to the fact that whipping/foaming might occur.

Overall I would say it was nice to receive the personal call from Troy at SVT to let me know the emails and this thread have not gone unoticed. That's it for now.

Chad
-----------------
jetski@mindless.com
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard