Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
L
L
Coors, got the number for Ford that I can call regarding them paying for half also?

D
D
Make that 21!! My 98SVT with 46,000 died last night.

Brian D. Passaro
--------------------
1998 Contour SVT
E0 Silver Frost #3734 of 6535

(Died 10/31/01 Reborn 02/03/02)
Superchip(Removed)~Firestone Firehawks SZ50 215/45ZR17 on 17" Borbet Type T's~ASP Underdrive Pulley(Removed)~75mm Pro-Flow MAF(Removed)~Mobil One 5W-30 Tri-Synth~Resonator removed~Flowmaster DeltaFlow '40' series dual mufflers~KKM Air Filter Induction System(Removed"Lost at FORD Dealer")~2.5-inch custom cat-back exhaust system w/ reduced angle Y-joints~4-inch rolled chrome twin-tipped exhaust tips~Konig V-racing aluminum BTCC-inspired rear wing~Sylvania Blue headlamps
D
D
"I think the fact
that I have a sway bar (keeps car flatter) and the fact that I run a fulls six
quarts in it helps."

Sway bar! Very interesting thought Aussie - I've been thinking about this starvation issue for a year and did not think about keeping the car move level. eek It sure cant hurt..

1999 Amazon Green SVT Contour (#554/2760)
Stock SVT Duratec V6 with:
Intake- K&N filter/75mm MAF meter
Exhaust- MSDS Y-pipe/Bassani catback
Durability-Ford "dual mode" damper, Mobil 1/K&N oil filter
179.2 FWHP at 6900 RPM
C
Coors Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Quote:
Originally posted by link209:
Coors, got the number for Ford that I can call regarding them paying for half also?

call Ford customer Car 1.800.392.3673 and file a complaint. They will contact the Service manager at your local dealership and then tell you to get your records in order and fax them over to the service manager. It is scary the number of Tours that are going out right now. I am going to forward this link to Troy at SVT and also try to get it through to John Colletti the head over at SVE.

If you have or have had a blown engine, keep posting, it's the only way to get this recognized.

Thanks everyone,

Chad

Chad
-----------------
http://www.1dzine.com
jetski@mindless.com
98.5 SVT ? KKM Tru Rev ? Glasspack instead of resonator ? Dyno Max Super Turbo Muffler w/Brospeed 3.5" Rolled tips ? Brembo/KVR Cross Drilled Cadnium Front Rotors and KVR Carbon Brake Pads ? Blown Engine Replaced @ 41K
I
I
I blew my engine on my old 95SE with 95K on the clock back in June.

Since I replaced the engine and sold it to someone else, could I get a reimburement from Ford?

I was driving any sweeping turns - engine just blew without any notice. And the oil level was high enough, so oil starvation was not the problem here.

99 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
Mystery Car??????
S
S
i think my motor is about to blow... from what people have been saying by the noise... its ticking pretty bad now. so im guessing ill be joining the blown motor club! frown

99 svt contour
-its fast. period.
91 mustang gt
-its faster. period.
86 Buick Grand National
- its way faster, double period!
C
Coors Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Quote:
Originally posted by svtnos:
i think my motor is about to blow... from what people have been saying by the noise... its ticking pretty bad now. so im guessing ill be joining the blown motor club! frown

Having it looked at before it goes could save you a lot of money and time. Avoid damage to the block. Keep us posted.

Chad
-----------------
jetski@mindless.com
98.5 SVT ? KKM Tru Rev ? Glasspack instead of resonator ? Dyno Max Super Turbo Muffler w/Brospeed 3.5" Rolled tips ? Brembo/KVR Cross Drilled Cadnium Front Rotors and KVR Carbon Brake Pads ? Blown Engine Replaced @ 41K
T
TLP Offline
T
I wonder as well, what about the years of the cars? I autocross all the time, hard hard rights. My car has also been known to burn a little oil runs about a half quart low at times. BUt I have pushed it hard very very hard through right handers, even had the ass end swap with the fron end on one autocross track but I have never had a problem.

Oh well as long as they are picking up the bill!

C
Coors Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Update: Talked with the dealer today and the car should be ready in a week. I will give them the Great turn around award. Which is nice since I'm driving around in a 4 banger Cavalier. (No offense to Cav drivers, just not my cup o tea).

I am keeping on Ford to find out what is happening to my old engine and what they might find out caused the thing to blow in the first place. I'll get back to the thread with any info they pass on to me.

Haven't heard anything back from Troy at SVT yet (sent him 3 different emails) Hopefully he is just busy and will respond soon.

Keep us updated on what happens for those of you with recently blown Tours.

Chad
-----------------
jetski@mindless.com
Y
Y
Hello every one, since I have been acting like an arse, and not playing nice, my posts have been deleted, and Lance has been asked to ban me. Thank you for your time

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard