Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
C
Coors Offline OP
OP Offline
C
So it just happened to me and I wanted to get a showing of who else has fallen victim to this engineering flaw.

please let me know what your end results were as well. i.e. I got a new engine and Ford picked up the bill. OR I traded the contour in as is and got a different vehicle.

By the way, if any of you that have had the problem could email tmauger@ford.com and give him your VIN# and your case history of the problem that would help get it noticed. He works at SVT and seems to want to help get our problems heard.

Thanks

Chad
-----------------
http://www.1dzine.com
jetski@mindless.com
98.5 SVT ? KKM Tru Rev ? Glasspack instead of resonator ? Dyno Max Super Turbo Muffler w/Brospeed 3.5" Rolled tips ? Brembo/KVR Cross Drilled Cadnium Front Rotors and KVR Carbon Brake Pads ? Blown Engine Replaced @ 41K
S
S
how did yours end up happening? like speed, type of driving, and what kida oil were you using? Good luck working with that guy!

99 svt contour
-its fast. period.
91 mustang gt
-its faster. period.
86 Buick Grand National
- its way faster, double period!
D
D
Yeah, I need to know this. Exactly how hard and how long and how often are you guys pulling these right hand turns? I'm almost afraid to dive into a turn.

2000 SVT
Black & Blue
#205 of 2150
Kenwood Head Unit

2001 SR5 4 Runner 4x4
M
MFE Offline
M
I just remembered this at the END of a long right-hand sweeper I liked to take in my Zetec becuase with a brush of the brake at the end the car goes into a niiiiice little drift, so I just did it with my 76k-mile Duratec and then I thought "OH ****!!!" and took it easy. This is a 270-degree ramp and I had the tires whinnying the whole way. If I did any damage, how would I know?

Pacific Green '96 Contour LX V6, loaded
'98 Grand Prix GTP 14.88/91 bone stock, awaiting new times from 3.4 pulley, CAI, U-bend removal but it's creeping up on the...
Calypso Green '92 Mustang LX coupe, 13.56/101

3-time local class champion autocrosser

Racing school whore
G
G
What, did Robert Yates design the oil pickup for the Duratec?

2000 Contour SE Sport T-Red MTX, Mystique rear dome light, Blau Florida cd.
P
P
I should be getting my tour back today.I had the same problem,Ford paid for it.How it happened to me was a hard right getting on the freeway at 65mph.Oil light flashed then constant,then CEL.End result was a spun bearing.My next step after I get the car back is the Accusump!

ITIMIDATOR730@msn.com
98 SE ATX Sport/Black/All badges off/ding guards off/K&N air and oil filter/MAF Mod/polished intake/polished MAF/polished Throttle body/Painted rear reflector and lights w/red cut-outs/PPG badges/straight piped exh./many more.
C
Coors Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Keep the list going. Mine happened on a 5 second 270 degree right hand sweeper entering the Highway. I was trying to keep pace with an Audi A4 in front of me. 41k miles I use Penzoil. CEL came on and the knocking started about a mile later.

Chad
-----------------
jetski@mindless.com
98.5 SVT ? KKM Tru Rev ? Glasspack instead of resonator ? Dyno Max Super Turbo Muffler w/Brospeed 3.5" Rolled tips ? Brembo/KVR Cross Drilled Cadnium Front Rotors and KVR Carbon Brake Pads ? Blown Engine Replaced @ 41K
D
D
Coors & PPG, what was your oil level? RPMs? Also, type of oil & filter? Just keeping track..

Thanks, & sorry about the luck guys. frown

1999 Amazon Green SVT Contour (#554/2760)
Stock SVT Duratec V6 with:
Intake- K&N filter/75mm MAF meter
Exhaust- MSDS Y-pipe/Bassani catback
Durability-Ford "dual mode" damper, Mobil 1/K&N oil filter
179.2 FWHP at 6900 RPM
C
Coors Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan Nixon:
Coors & PPG, what was your oil level? RPMs? Also, type of oil & filter? Just keeping track..

Thanks, & sorry about the luck guys. frown

oil level was half way between full and fill. RPMS were about 5800. I think 10w30 penzoil and not sure about the filter.

Chad
-----------------
jetski@mindless.com
P
P
Oil level was 5.8 due to change on the previos morning. 5w30 Motorcraft oil.(don't shoot me)Fram filter. R's about 5.5k. 2nd on ATX. HEAVY throttle. $hit filter,too heavy on gas,low gear,hard right,=NO GOOD.

ITIMIDATOR730@msn.com
98 SE ATX Sport/Black/All badges off/ding guards off/K&N air and oil filter/MAF Mod/polished intake/polished MAF/polished Throttle body/Painted rear reflector and lights w/red cut-outs/PPG badges/straight piped exh./many more.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard