Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
thanks for the insight

Last edited by RTStabler51; 10/22/02 12:24 PM.

Ryan Trollin!
B
Redneck Troll
Redneck Troll
B
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
How?

Originally posted by bnoon:
Wet is safer for preventing cylinder detonation though...

Wet is safer because it doesn't rely on a vacuum bleed off to add fuel through the injectors by upping fuel rail pressure. Wet direct port also provides better fuel atomization through using the same merged nozzle as the N2O gas. Dry systems are limited by how far they can up the rail pressure, where as wet systems are limited only by the flow rate of their own pieces and the max flow of the fuel pump...

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Agreed Brad, BUT if you are NOT talking about direct port, dry IS safer than a wet single nozzle system. Tho I ran a wet single nozzle system on my car.

Originally posted by RTStabler51:
How?

Wet is safer for preventing cylinder detonation though...

Wet is safer because it doesn't rely on a vacuum bleed off to add fuel through the injectors by upping fuel rail pressure. Wet direct port also provides better fuel atomization through using the same merged nozzle as the N2O gas. Dry systems are limited by how far they can up the rail pressure, where as wet systems are limited only by the flow rate of their own pieces and the max flow of the fuel pump...

Ryan Trollin!
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
Hey guys have you seen the new deal where the nitrous hooks right up to the fuel injectors? I don't remember where I read it or what brand makes this but I thought this was a killer idea. The injectors and nitrous all run together. If anyone knows what I am talking about and more info please share. I am curious.

Sam 1998 SVT Contour- SOLD 2002 Mustang GT - 406 RWHP/391 RWTQ 12.1 @ 115 MPH
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Yeah I have seen it, but I doubt it would be workable on the Duratec Contour, seeing as how the injectors are tilted. If you added this extra piece to the bottom of the injectors, the fuel rail wouldn't bolt up to the LIM or even allow the bolt holes to line up anymore, plus they'd probably causes the injectors to interfere with the UIM.
If the injectors had separate fuel rails for left and right banks that bolt to the LIM in the same plane (lengthwise) of the injectors it would be possible.

But of course if you have enough time, money and desire, you could probably make it work on the Duratec if you wanted too.

http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/Products/NOS/NOSNS/NOSzle.html

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
B
Redneck Troll
Redneck Troll
B
The injectors aren't tilted, they're raised up by about an inch or so. Raise the UIM to compensate, then you touch the hood... not workable on our cars...

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
unless, you get a cowl hood? always wondered what that would look like.

The injectors aren't tilted, they're raised up by about an inch or so. Raise the UIM to compensate, then you touch the hood... not workable on our cars...

Ryan Trollin!
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
Just thought it was a cool idea. If someone were o try it and get it to work. I could guarentee some sweet numbers out of it. The Venom kit showed it produces some sweet torque.

Sam 1998 SVT Contour- SOLD 2002 Mustang GT - 406 RWHP/391 RWTQ 12.1 @ 115 MPH
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Can you inject N2O directly into the fuel rail via the schrader valve instead?

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by AirKnight:
Can you inject N2O directly into the fuel rail via the schrader valve instead?

Sounds like a recipe for disaster if you ask me. Can you say engine bay fire?

Plus the pressure of the nitrous (1000psi~IIRC) would overcome the fuel pressure(40-60psi) and probably lean out the mix = BOOM! and then it's bye bye engine!!

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard