Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
I have a 2000 svt tour and going to put the bottle on it and wanting to know do i have a returnless fuel system and which kit is better for the fuel system wet or dry? thanks

NEW TOY 2000 FORD F150 HARLEY DAVIDSON PICKUP (FROM FLORIDA AND ONLY HAS 30,000 miles )(and stock NOT FOR LONG) ( Gone as of 11-25-03) 2000 Silver Frost Svt Contour With Stuff
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Yes, you do have a returnless system and a wet system is always the better option because a lesser chance of detination!! Although finding one may be a bit of a task!!

1998.5 CSVT #3617 K&N Custom Intake Custom 2 3/4 Magnaflow cat back Ram HD Power Grip Clutch Energy Suspension Inserts Bosch Platnium + Bf-Goodrich G-force radials "KDWS" Alpine deck CDA-7863 Boston mids More to come: Stock Sucks!!!!
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
huh?

Wet = more backfire prone. But I love'em

Dry = safer, yet I dont' know if the zex will work. I think so.

Originally posted by TommyBoy:
Yes, you do have a returnless system and a wet system is always the better option because a lesser chance of detination!! Although finding one may be a bit of a task!!

Ryan Trollin!
V
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
V
The ZEX kit will not work with the returnless fuel systems. The only dry kit that I know of that will work is the Venom kit.

2002 Mustang GT H&R, Bilstein, NX, K&N, Bassani, and Prochamber 03 Cobra wheels, Goodyear Eagles: 275 fronts, 315 rears 325HP and 433 ft-lbs at the wheels Old Car: 2000 SVT #463/2150 Best #'s - 268.5HP and 275.8 ft-lbs at the wheels
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
huh?

Wet = more backfire prone. But I love'em

Dry = safer, yet I dont' know if the zex will work. I think so.

Originally posted by TommyBoy:

How do you figure the dry is safer???????

1998.5 CSVT #3617 K&N Custom Intake Custom 2 3/4 Magnaflow cat back Ram HD Power Grip Clutch Energy Suspension Inserts Bosch Platnium + Bf-Goodrich G-force radials "KDWS" Alpine deck CDA-7863 Boston mids More to come: Stock Sucks!!!!
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Less likely to backfire.

Plus with a dual runner type intake, the fuel can also puddle, thus letting the car run lean. I think this is less of a problem with our style intake, as Doug Lewis, burnt up many pistons in his SHO with a single nozzle system.

Dry IS safer than wet.

Ryan Trollin!
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
Dry is way safer than wet. If hooked up to your TB you have chances it will condisate, leaving puddles on the intake runners. I see a lot of people running the nitrous directly into their lower intake so less chances of this backfire happening. If the nitrous puddles onto the intake it causes it to all of a sudden charge and backfire which will lead to blowing your internals out your exhaust or wherever it may want to exit. Not a pretty site.

As for the dry system you are dealing with nitrous only and the only thing you need to do for fuel is upgrade the pump or run bigger injectors so you don't have any predetonation.

You can have a nitrous backfire with both systems but you are less likely with the dry.

Remember the more air you run in your motor you must compensate with more fuel too. Better to run rich than lean anyday.

Last edited by PhatSVT; 10/21/02 08:56 PM.

Sam 1998 SVT Contour- SOLD 2002 Mustang GT - 406 RWHP/391 RWTQ 12.1 @ 115 MPH
B
Redneck Troll
Redneck Troll
B
The only wet system that is safe on our intakes is the direct port type system due to the amount of turns and corners fuel can puddle in. The famed "Puff" popped one before going to a dry set up rumor has it. Wet is safer for preventing cylinder detonation though...

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
How?

Originally posted by bnoon:
Wet is safer for preventing cylinder detonation though...

Ryan Trollin!
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Well, you of all people should know that nitro has a leaning effect on the fuel mixture and the gas richens the mixture!
The wet system I was speaking of in my previous post was the direct port system !!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard