Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#460776 10/17/02 12:29 PM
W
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
W
Ok guys and gals I have the Moosing effect in my 1999 svt and I looked throught he postings and found the parts I need to fix this bastard of a noise but there was not how-to listed on the site or in the forums that I could find. Can someone tell me a qick how to do relieve this problem and thanks in advance for the help..

#460777 10/17/02 01:18 PM
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
I think the how-to is referred to as the throttle hang (TH) fix in the how-to area. Basically you pull the end of the IAC bypass hose off of the upper intake manifold (UIM) fitting. Push the prilled pipe cap into the hose, and then reconnect the hose. The pipe cap is too big to go anwhere so it's safe just sitting in the hose. The IAC bypass hose fits onto a pipe stub sticking out of the UIM back by the EGR and IAC valves.

The duratec EGR and IAC valves mounted on the UIM (ignore the A, B, & C)

Scott 95 SE-2.5L ATX (Sold, but not forgotten...)
#460778 10/17/02 01:45 PM
W
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
W
Ok now I am totally confused lol

#460779 10/17/02 04:46 PM
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
YEah I feel your pain...I have moosing as well. But my problem is I have never worked on a car before...so I don't know where these parts are in order to fix it. I wish someone could show diagrams and stuff to help me out.

99 Mystique LS T-Red ATX Duratec Mods: Hella stereo Mods K & N air filter w/intake pipe www.sounddomain.com/id/jongordo8
#460780 10/17/02 05:45 PM
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
I wouldn't do the TH fix. FORD parts sells an updated canister that goes on that tube where everyone puts that cap in for the TH fix. I tryed the TH fix once, and it seemed to help a bit, until like a year went by, and then the car would mysteriously die on me sometimes when pushing in the clutch, coming to a stop. Then it would happen all the time. I'd rev it up, let it idle down, and it would run fine for a minute, but then when it would switch to close loop again, the computer would close the ISC motor enough to stall the engine. I maybe have another problem somewhere due to everthing getting more aged, but when I took out the TH fix cap from the tube, now it runs fine again and never dies, holds idle stable. I checked the ISC motor for carbon, and it is clean and controls the idle just as it should. But the Ford updated canister should be the correct fix for the moosing resonance problem. The canister sits right to the inside of the shock tower on the driver's side, connected to the tube that goes to the ISC motor from the intake air boot.

'95 CONTOUR SE -Enkei 16s -SVT wannabe -Dual escapes w/ 2 1/2" stainless tips -True LED taillight conversion -Audi Xenon Projector Retrofit -Mp3 deck, dual 10s
#460781 10/17/02 06:19 PM
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
In reply to:

Ok now I am totally confused lol &
YEah I feel your pain...I have moosing as well. But my problem is I have never worked on a car before...so I don't know where these parts are in order to fix it. I wish someone could show diagrams and stuff to help me out.

Just open up the hood and look at the engine for the parts in the picture. (They're slightly to the drivers side, on top, near the firewall...) The only tool needed is a screwdriver. This is 5 minute fix... Loosen the hose clamp, pull off the hose, put the plug in, put the hose back on, tighten the clamp.

Scott 95 SE-2.5L ATX (Sold, but not forgotten...)
#460782 10/17/02 08:55 PM
S
CEG\'er
Online Content
CEG\'er
S
I have the same problem, it only seems to do it when it's cold out side. Also if i turn the steering wheel it makes it worse(prolly cause of the strain on the engine from ps pump)What is this canister, how much $ and what is the part #?
Thanx Brian

'99 Black/Tan SVT #291 of 2760 Tinted Mirko Splitter Pioneer 8400MP & 3-way 6x8's Clear corners Custom SVT banner A-Pillar pod with Volt, Oil Temp & Press. gauges B&M Diamond Blue Fogs White HVAC the99svttour@yahoo.com
#460783 10/18/02 06:36 AM
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by SVT power:
I have the same problem, it only seems to do it when it's cold out side. Also if i turn the steering wheel it makes it worse(prolly cause of the strain on the engine from ps pump)What is this canister, how much $ and what is the part #?
Thanx Brian

I actually meant 'resonator', not 'canister'
Please see this link:

http://www.contour.org/FAQ/tsb/tsb.cgi?96195

It pertains to the moosing bulletin from FORD

Only thing is, I've never tried it, cause mine hasn't been acting up ever since I've learned improved driving techniques that don't invite moosing (i.e. don't push clutch in on deceleration until RPM are below point of moosing). I can still make it moose if I free rev it in nuetral to like 5000rpm, and it will do it, but I never do that in real life.

'95 CONTOUR SE -Enkei 16s -SVT wannabe -Dual escapes w/ 2 1/2" stainless tips -True LED taillight conversion -Audi Xenon Projector Retrofit -Mp3 deck, dual 10s
#460784 10/18/02 06:51 PM
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
Hmm...mine just started doing this about a week ago. Right when it started getting cold out. It only does it at start up and until warm. My '99 SVT has just over 45,000 miles and it has NEVER done this before. I wonder what caused it to start? I thought 99+ Tours were supposed to be cured of this problem. When I'm backing out of my space upon startup it will moose just as I turn the steering wheel. After about 1 minute it won't do it unless I'm sitting at idle and I turn on the defrost/AC. If I turn on defrost it will moose and the idle will surge for about 5 seconds, will stable but moose will persist until I turn of the defrost. After about 5 minutes of driving it won't do it at all. Strange.

#460785 10/20/02 10:35 PM
A
A
what did you do to fix that problem? i have the same one!!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard