Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
And therein lies the beauty of a decently modded SVT. He may put 3 cars on you off the line, but that hellacious duratec top end pull will reel him. I've beaten my wifes car from a roll on the highway and I'm completely stock. I can only imagine what my car would do with another 40whp.

-R-

I'm a Karate Man. Karate men..bruise on the inside. "The difference between oversteer and understeer: oversteer is when the passengers are scared, understeer is when the driver is scared." -Driver Unknown
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
I'm Really SICK of #'s being tossed around all the time. I want to see real world TALK Here. Thanks Warmonger for saying what I couldn't put into words. The fact of the matter is a AWD is a 4WD, Like it or not.

What anyone needs to realize here is these are two totally different motors. I can easily attest anyday Humbly to the dominant Acceleration of the WRX since I've gone up against them in Full Track Competition from a Dead Stop as well as Drag Racing. On the Contrary, time and time again, and I'll add against very qualified drivers like me, once up to speed the Contour really sticks it to the WRX. On the Straights I always have a bit of an advantage then they do. On average before most of any mods done to my car, basically bone stock, I use to average about 110mph onwind and about 114 downwind on almost a half mile straight, obviously much less if you include your braking point as well, with mods I've averaged about 116mph onwind and 119 downwind which is better than the average of my fellow WRX racers. If you look at at cars in terms of a Race Track, there are different advantages each car will have to another, maybe the Type R (which I also go up against) will have excellent handling balance and superb braking, the WRX will have great pull out of slow Turns and great Balance, the SVT well it has good power compare to the three, especially a well modded one, DEMON can Chime here (though GREG, I still feel you need a Quaife ) stock suspension wise, I can attest, is way to spongy with excessive dive.

Point is the WRX is a superb car, IMO much better than the SVT in Real World from the standpoint of modifying it but for an overall comparison of stock to stock or mildly modified, the SVT takes the CAKE........

PERFORMANCE PARTS for the TOUR click here:PXRACING Homepage email:pxracing@aol.com
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by wattspxr:
The fact of the matter is a AWD is a 4WD, Like it or not.

Didn't we already have this debate?

2000 Black Contour SVT
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by CJ 2000:
Originally posted by wattspxr:
The fact of the matter is a AWD is a 4WD, Like it or not.

Didn't we already have this debate?

A Definate "Smart A*S!!"

PERFORMANCE PARTS for the TOUR click here:PXRACING Homepage email:pxracing@aol.com
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Yep, come on... no harm intended just a little fun that's all

2000 Black Contour SVT
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Thanks for clarifying, warmonger. I learned some stuff too.

I'm not gonna argue with people's experience in blowing by WRXs at 100+ mph but I did find it a bit hard to believe.

There was a comment about SVTs not being able to consistently pull the 15.6 1/4 miles or whatever our cars are supposed to do, due to the heat. That was my point in saying that heat seems to affect our cars more than others.

I'll bet the WRX could beat us at altitude!!

You have a 3.0, so the 100+ mph runs should be a piece of cake for you.

Kerry

99 SVT Contour Silver Frost, #365/2760, DMD 98 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Tiptronic, 30V -- SOLD! 91 Isuzu Impulse XS Kammback, Handling By Lotus Victoria, BC, Canada
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Originally posted by ben9:
I was wondering what you guys thought was a better buy? Which is the faster of the two an which is more reliable? I need some opinions.. cant decide what kind of car to buy. Any other sports cars you guys can suggest please post...

re-reading this whole topic, i just looked back at the poor bastard who started it all, only 2 posts under his belt, and we jump all over him LOL... 4WD!!!! AWD!!! INTERCOOLED TURBO AT 100+ MPH 3.0 TRACK REAL WORLD CONDITIONS!!!

man, i bet he's regretting ever even opening his mouth.

btw, i'd get a wrx. more aftermarket, and you can modify turbos cheaper. i dont think they're ugly, either, so throw that out the window. my mom's got a subaru outback with 150k on it, no problems at all, and i dont think shes ever even changed the filters, if that says anything about reliability. not that im bitching about my tour, our family owns 3, no major problems yet, knock on wood.

now officially a troll, i guess. used to have a black 96 SE, until it broke down one too many times. now I'm hunting for a motorycle.
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
100+ MPH runs?

NO way.
I think only the supercharged tours or ones with at least 250HP to the ground are doing that. Not to mention the fact that I live in a desert here in AZ with the hot air.
All the cars suffer here, actually turbo / superchargers just as bad. Best time to drag race here in the summer is 6:00 am.

Remember my 3.0 is running only about 10.25:1 compression and producing any where from 205-210 at the wheels right now depending on the type of gas I use. My all-time high is 217HP as shown on my web-site but that is many mods ago and also before the porkish 17" rims went on, so in fact I maybe making a bit more power now.

warmonger

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by warmonger:
100+ MPH runs?

NO way.
I think only the supercharged tours or ones with at least 250HP to the ground are doing that. Not to mention the fact that I live in a desert here in AZ with the hot air.
All the cars suffer here, actually turbo / superchargers just as bad. Best time to drag race here in the summer is 6:00 am.

Remember my 3.0 is running only about 10.25:1 compression and producing any where from 205-210 at the wheels right now depending on the type of gas I use. My all-time high is 217HP as shown on my web-site but that is many mods ago and also before the porkish 17" rims went on, so in fact I maybe making a bit more power now.

warmonger

I Cruise to work at 100 (sometimes, and note the word cruising), might I add this is in Hawaii!!! In a fairly slight down hill slope on the, well I can't say, I've hit almost 160mph (speedo 160 that is) back in the day, within about 1 mile approx. stretch from about 65/70mph and vehicle has no forced induction, no nos and no 3.0 and definately aint making 250 @wheels, but warmonger I'm sure you already knew the potential of these cars as your previous statements claim.

D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
All I can say is thank god we are comparing 2 German engineered cars here. we sure know for a fact that unless you put a load of freakin $ into a jap car you cant come close to what you can do with the contour or the volkswagen engineered engine of a subaru.

95 V6 5SPD. Shaved bumpers,antenna,trunk lock and 1/4 extensions MIDNIGHT RED.
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard