I've helped out folks with Contour issues, so I hope I'm permitted to post a question about my Buick. Thanks!

Subject says it all. The 87 LeSabre will not start. Thank the Lord that this happened a block or so from home, just two days before I was driving this brick back from Baltimore, some 840 miles away.
The car just died with no warning. So I pushed it home and it sits in the front yard (neighbors will love this)

I check last night and I have spark, so I'm presuming both the crank sensor and the cam sensor are intact. I don't think you will get spark if both are not functioning.

I obtained a fuel pressure gauge and have 40 psi at the fuel rail with the key on. When the engine cranks, the pressure seems to rise and fall, if that means anything at all. (I'm leaning towards a fuel volume issue but haven't tested for volume yet.)

Oh, tried a NOID light on one of the fuel injector connectors and that injector is getting pulses. Due to the nature of the failure, I have no reason to believe the others aren't either, but can check it if someone thinks I have five out of six bad.

I've not checked compression officially, but did open the oil filler and saw rocker arms moving, so I've not broken a timing chain. Now it could be out of time due to a slipped timing chain. However, holding my hand over the tail pipe, I do have exhaust flow, and the exhaust system, including the cat is new say 3000 miles ago/one month ago. So there is some compression, but enough to start the engine is another question. A slipped timing chain would be consistent with the failure mode, such as a suddent failure, but I think this is a remote possiblity.

Tonight, when I'm off my day job of fixing computers, I'll get a compression test and I'll check for fuel volume as well.

However, what else should I be looking for?

TIA

Tony

"Seems like our society is more interested in turning each successive generation into cookie-cutter wankers than anything else." -- Jato 8/24/2004