Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by TheGreatOne:
I've got d2s, hte "conversion" type looking at the links you posted Jeff. If you've got the ballasts..I guess you jus tneed to make sure the bulbs you get have the proper connectors. Know who manufactured them?

I have Phillips Ballasts.But I just relized the Kit was from a H1 Bulb.Does the 9006 HID bulb have the same end on It as a 9006 BUlb or does It just have a single pole Male or female Connector??

98SVT #43 Some Goodies
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Those bulbs have a blue coating,mine are philips 6000K and are clear-those may be 4000K bulbs with a blue coating!be carefull....

Mondeo V6 RS RS Bodykit RS Lowered SVT UIM SVT TB SVT LIM Philips 6000K HID ZENON Twin Stainless Exhaust
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
I have a 6000k setup and its great. I have had them for almost a year now and they have been doing fine. Its hard to go back to other lighting after having these.

Jiako 1998 Silver SVT 3L power 212.5 HP 191.2 TQ 14.53 @ 95.6 MPH
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
Hey, do you lose High-Beam when you install HID's?

Black 98 SVT E0 SOLD!!!! Looking for E55 Those are SICK
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
you don't need high beams when you install true HIDs, haven't used mine since I got them installed. . .here's an evening pic of 'em. . .

warning to all 56kers!!!

T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
you don't need them, but they are useful (flashing people, etc.)I would think HID high beams are useless...with the warm up time and all.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
Okay, here's another question...What kind of HID's do you have, and how much did they cost?
You say 'true HID's' and yours look tight yo...That's exactly what I want. I want mine to look just like yours...
Can you keep the stock Higbeams?

Black 98 SVT E0 SOLD!!!! Looking for E55 Those are SICK
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by phattieblacksvt:
Okay, here's another question...What kind of HID's do you have, and how much did they cost?
You say 'true HID's' and yours look tight yo...That's exactly what I want. I want mine to look just like yours...

This is what you want to get.

D2S bulbs with plug connectors. The best place to get a kit is www.suvlights.com( You will pay alot though. $600-800) and they are well worth it. Also dont get anything above 6000k you go higher then that and your losing performance.

-Antonio

Now I hate America? That is a new one to me.
L
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by phattieblacksvt:

Yes you can keep the stock highbeams since it's a different bulb.

E0 SVT, lightly modded
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
They were $750 for the stage II's (6000k) at www.hids4less.com. . .I would suggest buying it from them because the package is complete with ballasts, velcro, connections, directions, and their customer service is very helpful. If you want pics of what it should look like, I can post them in a day or so, only if you want. You can get stage I's, they are $500. . .but not as close to the purple white as mine.

In addition, the kit is designed for specific cars, including ours, for a clean retrofit, so you won't have to worry about leaky seals that don't fit the stock sockets, etc. It's a good finish, and german quality to back it up.

They said they were working on projectors for our car, haven't heard from them yet, however. . .

Suneil

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard