Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by Krafty:
Originally posted by DanCanuck:
Hey, isn't anyone going to step up for something serious?
Forget this new body part crap or cosmetic stuff GB...here
is a performance group buy being put together, let's get
some serious intentions going here...ttt

I'd like to see some numbers or some specs before I go dumping a large sum of money on an unproven mod. Factless claims about how headwork has to be good just doesn't cut it for me...just my $.02

Let me just say too that I do hope this head work does see improvements in numbers. I'm just saying I don't have enough money to be a test dummy.

same, body panels on the other hand are garunteed to fit and look good

-Matt "Pain heals, chicks dig scars, and glory lasts forever!" will do/pay just about anything for the following parts: CF sunroof glass replacement OEM CF trunk Non OEM style cf or fiberglass hood not the cf1 design
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
I'm definitely down for it, it's just that I have to finish paying off the block and get another car to drive around in while mine's on blocks.
For me, timing is just bad...

Now owner of 0 SVT's. my web page
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by DanCanuck:
Hey, isn't anyone going to step up for something serious?
Forget this new body part crap or cosmetic stuff GB...here
is a performance group buy being put together, let's get
some serious intentions going here...ttt

I agree, this is a great opportunity.
Two reasons why I'm not stepping up:
1) Extended Service Plan
2) Grad school is coming up

Derek Scion xB 5-spd Previous: 2000 Silver Frost SVT Please share the road with cyclists.
P
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
Well we'll just wait for any to step up.

DanCanuck has said he's in.

By the way, I never said test dummies for performance improvement, I said for time constraints/delay. If you have no clue as to the benefits of this, I guess you will just have to hope this falls through and then wait for the results thereafter.

I have no doubt this will be a very good bang for the buck mod, though it'll require more mechanical skills to do.

PERFORMANCE PARTS for the TOUR click here:PXRACING Homepage email:pxracing@aol.com
K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by wattspxr:
If you have no clue as to the benefits of this, I guess you will just have to hope this falls through and then wait for the results thereafter.

I have no doubt this will be a very good bang for the buck mod, though it'll require more mechanical skills to do.

Okay, I'm not sure I understand you here. There are different levels and specs for headwork and they can have drastic differences in performace gains. I know what headwork involves and that it works in some situations, but you have absolutely no way to prove that it will make a difference on the Duratec in a way that will be useful to most owners (ie anyone with normal redline/basic mods etc..). Don't get me wrong, I really do hope it (and think it will) work, but how can you really expect people to come flocking without some kind of flowbenching/dimesions/prints of what will be done and how it will affect performance?

Need to get some more concrete facts/specs before people will lay down big bucks.

C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
He's said several times that he is looking for people trying to get the most out of their cars: 3.0L's running boost, etc.
There will be an improvement over stock, but at that point you need to look at cost effectiveness. A slightly rough cylinder head will impede fuel/air flow for lower hp models than ones needing to suck more air, or getting force fed.
I look at it like we're just trying to finish where Ford left off. )

Now owner of 0 SVT's. my web page
H
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
H
I'm slowly becoming a Duratec junkie... I'm still contributing to my 3L fund and aiming for next spring.

So, would I be able to reuse these heads on the new 3L? Or would I have to do this again to my 3L?

I'm looking for guidance on pros/cons of this.

2000 Mercury Cougar 1973 Ford Bronco www.highgeer.net
B
Redneck Troll
Redneck Troll
B
Micah,

I want to make something clear to you about the heads RE: the 3L valves. The intake valves only require that you cut the existing intake seats, so not much more extra work there. The exhaust sides of the 2.5 heads though require new seats to be pressed into the head before they can be recut to fit the larger 3L exhaust valves. Since I didn't see any mention of that here, thought I'd mention it.

I wanted to ask if you had set these heads up for that pricing as well. I normally wouldn't care, but people keep confusing your head GB with my heads that are already available. Price wars already, LOL!

Neither one (yours or mine) have been dynoed yet, but people insist I tell them which set of heads would be better for their engine swaps... Are you getting the same thing from people?

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
P
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by bnoon:
Micah,

I want to make something clear to you about the heads RE: the 3L valves. The intake valves only require that you cut the existing intake seats, so not much more extra work there. The exhaust sides of the 2.5 heads though require new seats to be pressed into the head before they can be recut to fit the larger 3L exhaust valves. Since I didn't see any mention of that here, thought I'd mention it.

I wanted to ask if you had set these heads up for that pricing as well. I normally wouldn't care, but people keep confusing your head GB with my heads that are already available. Price wars already, LOL!

Neither one (yours or mine) have been dynoed yet, but people insist I tell them which set of heads would be better for their engine swaps... Are you getting the same thing from people?

Brad I'm actually working in conjunction with Terry Haines as he's confirmed his comittment to doing the Head Deal. Terry believes definate benefit from doing this and I'm sure you will agree. You know BRAD, I've been meaning to talk to you anyway about your interest in doing this. Really I don't want to get involved with assembling the Heads or anything like that really, I just want to provide the ability to Port them for people like You and Terry, ect. Anyway, if you can come up with spair heads that you would like to do the CNC Porting/5-Angle Valve work to feel free to email me, I'd love to work a program out, kind of 'Assembly Line' action, I port heads, you folks assemble them and sell it.

To others reading this thread, again plz refrain from mentioning how I need to appeal to the masses are get some solid numbers for you to be interested???? Again I'll make this very clear, I'm just looking for those that are aware of the benefits have the means to do this and are ready to do it. We are not gonna just start cutting the heads, we're gonna find the optimum port dimensions using racing technology as our foundation. Ports will be cut to match a basic layout of our Motors, such as Cam, Intake ect.

PERFORMANCE PARTS for the TOUR click here:PXRACING Homepage email:pxracing@aol.com
B
Redneck Troll
Redneck Troll
B
Originally posted by wattspxr:

Brad I'm actually working in conjunction with Terry Haines as he's confirmed his comittment to doing the Head Deal. Terry believes definate benefit from doing this and I'm sure you will agree. You know BRAD, I've been meaning to talk to you anyway about your interest in doing this. Really I don't want to get involved with assembling the Heads or anything like that really, I just want to provide the ability to Port them for people like You and Terry, ect. Anyway, if you can come up with spair heads that you would like to do the CNC Porting/5-Angle Valve work to feel free to email me, I'd love to work a program out, kind of 'Assembly Line' action, I port heads, you folks assemble them and sell it.

To others reading this thread, again plz refrain from mentioning how I need to appeal to the masses are get some solid numbers for you to be interested???? Again I'll make this very clear, I'm just looking for those that are aware of the benefits have the means to do this and are ready to do it. We are not gonna just start cutting the heads, we're gonna find the optimum port dimensions using racing technology as our foundation. Ports will be cut to match a basic layout of our Motors, such as Cam, Intake ect.

Actually, there's a slight problem with sending a head out to someone else to be done... http://www.bnmotorsports.com/heads.htm ... I already invested time and R&D into it elsewhere. We aren't CNC machining ports because we do each set of heads to the desired specs the customer will need RE: intake and/or exhaust mods already done or planned and flow bench the heads after assembly. Sorry Micah, I don't want to hijack your post, so if anyone starts posting crap on here now please feel free to have a mod remove this post.

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard