Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
P
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
Warning: For SERIOUS Contour/Cougar Owners of the Duratec Motor Only. Plz be considerate and reserve bandspace here by not replying if this is NOT something you intend to or may consider doing in the immediate future, Thank You........

We're looking for 5 (we'd like to see more) Serious Duratec Junkies that are ready to step into the realm of Head Porting via CNC axis machines + Competition 5-Angle Valve Job. The cost will be as stated here:

1) Optimize CNC Porting to pair of Duratec Heads: $550.00
2) Competition 5-Angle Valve Job for pair Heads: $165.00
Larger Stainless Steel Valves may be available as well for those looking to increse valve size....

This price will only be available in this GB and we need a minimum of 5 to do it at this price. Depending on the response we get from both CEG and NECO, the price may drop more.

Note: We do not have any cores so heads will need to be removed from your motor, shipped to our shop. Obviously, you will be responsible for shipping both to and fro. Since this is something new for us, we have no program available for the Duratec Head and so we will need to make a CNC program. This could take about 1-2 wks to do and will also include finding the proper port dimensions to.

When and if this falls through we may also have info on what we can do to strengthen the valvetrain and may also have that available as well as regrind cams.

Last edited by wattspxr; 10/04/02 06:29 AM.

PERFORMANCE PARTS for the TOUR click here:PXRACING Homepage email:pxracing@aol.com
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Where are the heads going to be shipped to? Hawaii? I'll
be pissed if my car parts go to Hawaii without me. How much
do the heads weigh?

2000 Black SVT #2639/2760; w/18 OZ Superleggera's, Pirelli Pzero Nero. MSDS Headers,Quaife LSD, CF DF, Borla,,chipped,DMD,Baer Track rotors. Lowered/HR and Koni's; HPP & OMP 3L Valves w/ P&P Heads (thanks Kinger!)
P
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
No there not coming to Hawaii. Actually I have a partnerhip with a shop out in Cali. that's where the heads would be shipped to....I've been waiting for this for awhile, it's been in the planning stages though we've never mentioned it, now it's time to rock-n-roll

PERFORMANCE PARTS for the TOUR click here:PXRACING Homepage email:pxracing@aol.com
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
I'm definitely interested. Micah, I sent you a private email
with some other questions.

Dan

2000 Black SVT #2639/2760; w/18 OZ Superleggera's, Pirelli Pzero Nero. MSDS Headers,Quaife LSD, CF DF, Borla,,chipped,DMD,Baer Track rotors. Lowered/HR and Koni's; HPP & OMP 3L Valves w/ P&P Heads (thanks Kinger!)
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Which is better for the 3 liter conversion, ported 2.5 heads
or ported 3l heads. considering u can put 3.0 valves
on 2.5 heads. Thanks and good luck on group buy!

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net
P
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
Currently we do not know the difference between the 2.5 and 3.0 heads and whether or not either one can be put on the CNC machine using the same program. We like to start with the 2.5, since there more popular, and we will have no problem putting on 3.0 valves though I think the 5-Angle Valve job will greatly help even a 2.5 valve to make it competent or better than a single angle 3liter valve, though a 3liter valve w/5-angle will be better. Cost wise there will probably be a charge to fit the 3.iter valves to the 2.5.

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
will this be available in the future as well? im sure the price will be more but im just wondering. also, could the stock 2.5L heads, be machined to match machined svt heads?

Jim Hahn 1996 T-Red Contour SE Reborn 4/6/04 3.0L swap and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit 364 whp, 410 wtq @ 4,700 rpm
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
I hate you for posting such great price AFTER I spent almost as much for much less!

D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Hey, isn't anyone going to step up for something serious?
Forget this new body part crap or cosmetic stuff GB...here
is a performance group buy being put together, let's get
some serious intentions going here...ttt

K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by DanCanuck:
Hey, isn't anyone going to step up for something serious?
Forget this new body part crap or cosmetic stuff GB...here
is a performance group buy being put together, let's get
some serious intentions going here...ttt

I'd like to see some numbers or some specs before I go dumping a large sum of money on an unproven mod. Factless claims about how headwork has to be good just doesn't cut it for me...just my $.02

Let me just say too that I do hope this head work does see improvements in numbers. I'm just saying I don't have enough money to be a test dummy.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard