Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
I just bought 4 BF-goodrich KDWS 205/55ZR16 !!! First I just wanna say how great the TireRack was!!! There service is second to none. I placed my order and with in 24 hours they were on my front door step!!! The best part was the price, $448.00 Shipped !!

So far I love these tires, the traction is like nothing I have ever felt before from a all season radials. They are also very predictable, unlike the KDW!!! When taking a hard turn the dont sqeal or all the sudden break traction like the "KDW".. Not to mention the W speed rating which is good to I think 168 MPH ..

I haven't got to try them in the wet our snow yet, but I am expecting good things from these tires..

I also found that I get alot lesss wheel hop and less drive train lash, I think it's because of the diffrent compound in the rubber...Also even when they do break traction the don't sqeal. You can just feel them slip a bit and then you take off.. The only bad thing is you don't get to chirp second any more !!!

I'll keep you guys posted on the wet and snowy conditions!!
But so far I give them a perfect 10 out of 10!!

1998.5 CSVT #3617 K&N Custom Intake Custom 2 3/4 Magnaflow cat back Ram HD Power Grip Clutch Energy Suspension Inserts Bosch Platnium + Bf-Goodrich G-force radials "KDWS" Alpine deck CDA-7863 Boston mids More to come: Stock Sucks!!!!
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by TommyBoy:
I just bought 4 BF-goodrich KDWS 205/55ZR16 ...............snip............... They also have a self supporting structure, like the "run flight" tires. Not to mention the W speed rating which is good to I think 168 MPH

Thanks for the report. I didn't think you could get run flats for that price. Perhaps the SSS comes in other sizes, I'd doubt you got SSS tires for $112 ea, not to mention if they were, they'd make you buy a tire pressure monitor.

Kerry

99 SVT Contour Silver Frost, #365/2760, DMD 98 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Tiptronic, 30V -- SOLD! 91 Isuzu Impulse XS Kammback, Handling By Lotus Victoria, BC, Canada
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
Opps, I made a mistake on the SSS !! I got them mixed up with another tire for a sec!!! I read about 50 tire descriptions !!!
Here is the link Clicky Clicky

1998.5 CSVT #3617 K&N Custom Intake Custom 2 3/4 Magnaflow cat back Ram HD Power Grip Clutch Energy Suspension Inserts Bosch Platnium + Bf-Goodrich G-force radials "KDWS" Alpine deck CDA-7863 Boston mids More to come: Stock Sucks!!!!
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
Well I got to try my KDWS's in the rain today and lets just I am impressed .
Now all I got to do is try them in the snow, Which I am not looking forward too ..

P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
The support feature you refer to I think is the BF Goodrich rim protector (an oversized lip on the edge of the bead of the tire). It works okay in normal, stop and go driving but at highway speeds you better hold on to something!

"My head is blank..."

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard