Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
E
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
E

now officially a troll, i guess. used to have a black 96 SE, until it broke down one too many times. now I'm hunting for a motorycle.
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Depends on the track. Generally, a drag strip will require a helmet for ETs under 14 sec and a roll cage under 12 sec. (I think those numbers are right out of the NHRA rules.) However, the two NJ tracks I have been to (Atco and Englishtown) have both required helmets of all competitors. Both had helments available for rent. Must be a NJ law or insurance thing. Those were the only two places I had to wear a helmet.

AFAIK, all AutoX require helemts (and for good reason). I would assume they have some loaners on hand for newbies to use, but I can't say for sure because all of my racing has been in a straight line.

L
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
L
Please wear a helmet. We like you.

'98.5 SVT E1 T-Red, Midnight Blue All stock
O
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
O
If you have really really really ridiculously cool looking hair like mine, don't wear a helmet

yeah, just follow the advise the others gave. But if you're drag racing, it is required you drive with a helmet if you car is faster than 12 seconds in the quarter.

MY NEW HOBBY...RUINING CHRIS CROFTS LIFE...
E
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
E
what should we have for dial in times? ive got a SE, v6 mtx, hes got a v6 atx.

now officially a troll, i guess. used to have a black 96 SE, until it broke down one too many times. now I'm hunting for a motorycle.
O
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
O
I don't think you have to dial in till later that night. Bracket racing normally doesn't start till later so you should get some (atleast one) runs in then you can dial in.

You'll most likely be dialing in 15.9-16.9seconds.

MY NEW HOBBY...RUINING CHRIS CROFTS LIFE...
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Take your trial runs, use the time you are running most consistently, or your fastest time. If you ran during the day, and night has fallen and the air has cooled significantly, lop off maybe a half tenth (or more) from the time.

Remember, you can usually change your dial between rounds (ask an official). If you run hard all the way out and win, but are significantly slower (or faster if you are extra lucky) than your dial, change to the last run's time for the next round. Of course, ignore this if a mistake or early lift affected your last time.

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
the IHRA rule book states, passengers are allowed for all cars 14.00 seconds and slower, a Snell 85 or better helmet is required on all cars faster than 13.99 seconds. For cars faster than 11.99 you need a cage. Good luck and have fun!

1991 Taurus SHO - 3.2, bolt ons, and Zex nitrous 13.630 @ 105.16, boost on the way! 1992 Taurus SHO - Parts car 1993 T-Bird SC

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard