Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Z
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Z
I have a 97 Mercury Mystique with 89k miles on it. Just replaced the Fuel Filter because it was stalling at cold start (thanx to the suggestions on this forum!)

Now I have another problem. It won't shift from 1st gear at high Acceleration. If I just put the gas on slowly it's fine, but if you pounce on it it won't shift until you take your foot off the gas. Any ideas?????????

Thanx!

'97 Mercury Mystique GS (Not mine anymore...) Now running a Toyota Matrix XR Red, 16" wheels, Sunroof, VVT-i
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Sorry that I can't help ya. I also drive a 97 mystique gs atx with about 105k miles on it and runs likes its bran new! Have you had your trans inspected? I heard somewhere your suposed to get them inspected every 50k or maybe filter adn fluid? i personaly havnet had mine tranny inspected, but you might wnat ot check your fuild level. I was having that problem on my 83 monte carlo awhile back.

97 Mystquie GS - I4 ATX died at 168K 94 Pontiac Crap AM SE - 2.3L I4 5spd 2002 Mazda Protege5 - 2.0L ATX
Z
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Z
I had it inspected, and the fluid changed a little while ago. Hmmmmm.. Got me thinking.

I should have gone with the old adage...

"If it ain't broke, don't mess with it"

'97 Mercury Mystique GS (Not mine anymore...) Now running a Toyota Matrix XR Red, 16" wheels, Sunroof, VVT-i
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
as i understand it the filter is internal and not a maintainance type changeable thing....only when 'major' work is being done would it be changed....i think...

when u had your fluid changed how was it done? if done by a power flush (machine instead of by hand) theres been a few of us on this site that have suffered atx problems after having the tranny serviced....my atx died 3 weeks after the flush

unfortunately the ford remanufacture atx the mis-dealer put in doesn't inspire much more confidence

99 expedition eddie bauer, 5.4 v8, k&n drop-in, 3" magnaflow catback and gas mileage that makes the contour look like a hybrid

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard