Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
F
i want to autcross my contour but i dont know how to get involved with it. i live in the Milwaukee area.

thanks

1996 Contour LX 2.5L ATX Performance Mods: Ford Racing 9mm Wires- Autolites Platnum Plugs- Kkm Intake- Yodude Exhaust With Magnaflow Muffler-Superchip- Svt Throttle Body Sound Mods: Kenwood Deck- Mtx Mono 4000 Series Amp- Mtx 15" Thunder 8000
W
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
W
Yeah! I've got the same problem! And I"m afraid it will tear up the Contour.

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Simply head over to scca.org find a local region's website and just show up for the next event. Take along a good tire pressure gauge, a notepad, and a camera for good measure. Don't let anyone tell you that you can't auto-x an ATX, I drove an ATX Cutlass for two years and had a blast every time--that's what it's all about!

Oh, and don't worry about wear and tear. Typically, you'll lose a couple hundred miles of tire and brake wear. Big whoop.

-- 1999 SVT #220 -- In retrospect, it was all downhill from here. RIP, CEG.
F
F
Don't worry about your car. We have been using a Mystique for autocross and daily driver (117,000) miles. No problems relating to autocross.. had to replace 02 sensior.. and 4 tires. We use Mobil 1 and take very good care, oil change, diff change, brake fluid change.. just regular Maint. the car is fast. Last year, we had many wins, this year, not too many, SCCA has changed the rules, so we are in G-Stock Class with many Honda cars.. CRX and Civic Si but we still have lots of fun against the Rice-Boys.. Get involved and you will enjoy.. We still run street-tires and not DOT R compound.. that is worth about 2/3 seconds..

W
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
W
So it won't wear the car too bad? That's good to know... do people autcross with an automatic thought?

W
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
W
if your in the milwaukee area check any of these sites, they all run events in the chicago/milwaukee area.

http://www.waiautox.org

http://www.tsscc.org
http://www.scca-milwaukee.org
http://www.scca-chicago.com

i ran the whole season with tsscc this year, numerous chicago region events, and one wai event. The TSSCC had its last race in milwaukee sunday. WAI has their last event october 20th at Miller Park.

All you need when you show up to an autocross are:
-a safe car (not falling apart) with working seatbelts
-money (around #30)
-valid drivers license
-some way to number your car (masking tape/electrical tape)

a helmet is recomended, some groups have loaner helmets, but yuk! I woulndt want to wear one of those personally! You can buy magnets for you numbers/letters, just ask at the race, people will tell you where to get them.

Hope this helps. I will be at the Chicago region events on the 19th and 20th.

Mark

2002 s2k - stock used to own a black 98 Mystique GS Spree zetec/atx
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Wallace487:
So it won't wear the car too bad? That's good to know... do people autcross with an automatic thought?

Run what you have. Some ATX's show up, even if it isn't ideal. There was a guy with an ATX Mustang at my last event, and he put it in D2 for the whole run. If you love the sport, you will find yourself making future automotive purchasing decisions based on SCCA class structure and last year's Nationals results.

For now, though, just have fun and try to learn.

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
what about NASA, I just saw my very first NASA race and definetly want to start doing that or possibly auto-x. I have a four cyl. though, is that going to make it harder?
thanks for any iseas
johnny

Built April 18th 1998 #5770 of 6535 Reborn: July 11, 2004 3L and gone again 12/13/2005 new ride: 98 Silver frost SVT with all my old goodies!!!!
T
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
T
There is one coming up on October 27. In the Miller Park parking lot. It is the last one of the year. I would try to be there around 8:00 am or so.

By the way, I'll be there, look for a '98 silver frost svt.

And, take as much crap out of your car as you can.

Troy 98 E0 Silver Frost SVT Born 7/15/1997 My B-Day 7/16/1979 Coincidence....Na SCA CAI Sho-shop Hi Flow Y-pipe Custom Cat-back w/ Borla XR1 Mufflers Sho-shop pulley set with crank damper Magnecore Competition Wires MGK Iridium spark plugs

Moderated by  Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard