Next Thread
Print Thread
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Hey all,
I was reading through some past posts, and have come across others with high mileaged zetecs stalling, but haven't seen pinging mentioned along with it. I wanted to see if anyone has any ideas what the problem is.

O.K., here's everything that's going on with the Tour at this point:

-Pings at times under acceleration, sometimes just barely noticeable, other times, very noticeable pinging

-Temp guage seems to hang out much LOWER than it used to, even though it's still sometimes over 100 degrees here. Used to average middle of the guage to 3/4, now it just barely reads above the bottom normal line

-Sometimes during first startup of the day, engine will run rough and then stall, it needs to be revved to stay alive, and it is extremely choppy and cuts out, after a minute or so runs normal, and won't seem to do this again at all until the car has sat overnight

Sorry this is so long winded. This is my girlfriends car, and is our primary transportation right now. The coolant needs to be flushed and the hoses changed out, so I'm going to do this and replace the thermostat while I'm at it, to hopefully remedy the strange temp thing.

Thanks for any thoughts...
Tim

96 Contour GL 2.0L MTX with Early SE 7 spoke wheels, SE sideskirts, Koni Sport Kit 70 Mustang Sportsroof with mild 351W and '01 Mustang GT wheels
C
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
C
How old is your fuel filter? That would make it run bad.
Mine pings all the time. I put 92 octane, run octane booster, and it still does it. It gets a little quieter, but its still there.

-Ken V. 1998.5 SE Praire Tan Zetec ATX psycho_bass@hotmail.com Roush springs Roush rear sway bar BAT struts 17" Millie Miglia HT3 and a ton of subtle asthetic mods

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard