Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#446742 09/27/02 02:50 PM
H
hydro Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
H
did anyone from here make it out the Nopi Nationals this year? The contour had it's own class and here are the winners according to their web site. post some pics if anyone has any...

American - Sport Compact - Contour - Conservative
1 BRIAN YOW GREENSBORO NC
2 RYAN FREELAND STONE MOUNTAIN GA
3 STEWART DAUGHERTY OLIVER SPRINGS RD TN

American - Sport Compact - Contour - Mild
1 JONATHAN JONES BONAIRE GA
2 KEVIN SANSBURY PANAMA CITY FL

Nopi Nats

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
I saw 3 SVT's while I was there. A red one with white graphics all over it, a Black one, and a silver one. Just needed a green one to make it complete

I saw the silver one as I was driving in. I was riding with my friend in his '88 crown victoria w/flowmasters when we passed him. looked pretty sweet with the Mirko splitter.

Simon new- '04 Dodge Dakota 4x4. V8, 5spd FOR SALE Black 98 SVT EO (#2119 of 6535)- SOLD! New project-'88 Ranger 302 swap.
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
the red one with the white letter is absolutely beautiful.
there have been pics posted of that car in the past (old forum). i'm pretty sure its the same one.

Hugo ------ 98 SVT - 53k mi - SOLD 04 Mazda3 S 5-Dr
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
I saw Kevin's! What an amazing car. He really did a good job with it! Congratulations Kevin! I hope that you made it home okay! And congrats to all the winners! I only hooked up with three other people from the site, but it sounds like more people went. I saw three Contour SVTs in the parking lot. Next year we should all meet and go in as a group like Richard/sosaudio1 suggested. I saw many Honda and Acura caravans on my way down (sitting in traffic). But it would have been cool to have a Contour/Mystique Caravan!

'95 GL White I've got mods.
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by LoCoChick'95:
I saw Kevin's! What an amazing car. He really did a good job with it! Congratulations Kevin! I hope that you made it home okay! And congrats to all the winners! I only hooked up with three other people from the site, but it sounds like more people went. I saw three Contour SVTs in the parking lot. Next year we should all meet and go in as a group like Richard/sosaudio1 suggested. I saw many Honda and Acura caravans on my way down (sitting in traffic). But it would have been cool to have a Contour/Mystique Caravan!

Digging this up!

NOPI nationals 2003

Anyone wanna go this year? I remember someone saying in the old Forums that they had talked to someone at NOPI and had secured places for us to park...

Anyone know who?

Start lighting this up This would be cool to have a CEG meet at as well...

PM me, start posting on this thread.

L8R
Rich

'04 Ecotec Cavi 140hp/150tq Fabbed intake. Header Coming, DRL's disabled, X-Drilled/slotted rotors coming....Man you really are fast. You were hauling a$$ when I passed you RB&LB causing problems in Huntsville
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Lookie at what I found
Quote:

from old archives 99SVTguy: Actually guys, n2deep here from the GA chapter of the CEG was successful in getting the contour its OWN CLASS for competition in the nopi nationals this year. He contacted the owner of Nopi here in ATL and was successful in getting the powers that be to add a contour only class to the show. There will be three general categories for contours from what I understand: conservative, mild, and wild. If you go wild, then you will be going head to head with all other wild domestics. Make sure when you sign up for the nationals that you make reference to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, as they give car club awards too.

We posted this info about 3 or 4 months ago but not too many people took interest. I think its awesome to have so many contours interested in representing during that show though. I'm suprised Ryan (n2deep) hasn't posted on this thread yet.

----------
Former owner of 1999 SVT Contour #555

and

Quote:

I actually got an email from Nopi-man himself. He offered us our own meeting room and parking spaces for free at the 2003 Nopi Nat's. I say we do something this year, and plan it BIG for next year!! By that time the turbo's will be out in full force!

----------
-Chris Hightower-
-Hightower Performance Products, LLC

(Oo.«xx».oO)
o xxxxxxxxx o

Chris, can you make a call or email?

'04 Ecotec Cavi 140hp/150tq Fabbed intake. Header Coming, DRL's disabled, X-Drilled/slotted rotors coming....Man you really are fast. You were hauling a$$ when I passed you RB&LB causing problems in Huntsville
I
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I
YA I have post Nopi stuff 3 times and got locked out. There is going to be two class for tour's a662 is the conservative class and a663 is the mild. I personnally know and am good friend with Nopi peeps. June 21 and 22 there is going to be a show in the D.C. area I have already registered for the contour class and the race. If you need any info I can get it. It would be pretty sweet to have a large tour group out there.

SVT 2000 #534...KILL'EM ALL
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Importslayer:
YA I have post Nopi stuff 3 times and got locked out. There is going to be two class for tour's a662 is the conservative class and a663 is the mild. I personnally know and am good friend with Nopi peeps. June 21 and 22 there is going to be a show in the D.C. area I have already registered for the contour class and the race. If you need any info I can get it. It would be pretty sweet to have a large tour group out there.

Post any info about what you can get going with NOPI here. If you are indeed good friends with the NOPI coordinators, ask them about the room and parking spaces at the Nats, we need info. I would say that we are interested, but we need to truly be interested...so if you are riding the fence, as anyone who has been will tell you, it rocks, come on over and lets get the group together to make it this year.

L8R
Rich

I
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I
Are you guys just interested in the Nationals in September and the Nopi Wars In June or just the Nationals. This past weekend they just had the Wars in Tampa and I hear it was pretty sweet. Just tell me which one. I'm going to both.

I
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I
Just got of the phone 10 or better, and we get in cheap. If your intrested let me know and I send them the info

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard