Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
B
I was watching Fast & the Furious last night... I know, I know, I watch it for the plot, not the cars... really!

Anyway, after the first race, what does Vin Diesel's character mean when he's talking to Brian (the cop) and he says, "You should be double-clutching instead of Granny shifting"? What the heck do both of those terms refer to?

Just curious,
Bizest

"Bizest" 2000 SVT Silver Frost/Midnight Blue #489
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Double clutching is when you press the clutch in twice for each change of gear. This is usful for cars that don't have syncros in the tranny. It makes getting it in gear easier. The cars in the movie are all newer and "should" have syncros so that just proves that the script was written by someone that doesn't know all that much about cars. HTH.

-Colter My Old Car Current Cars- 1999 Ford Taurus SE 3.0 Duratec 1999 Ford Explorer XLT, my Geocaching car.
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
....thats why road racers still do it?

Ryan Trollin!
B
Redneck Troll
Redneck Troll
B
Originally posted by RTStabler51:

Ehhhhhh, nooooooo...

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
I think your getting double clutching confused with heel and toe shifting. I haven't seen any road racers that still double clutch.

A good exaple of double clutching is in the car chase in "Bullitt" Steve Mcqueen does it all through that chase in his mustang. If you haven't seen it, you should see it for one of the best car chases of all time

Simon new- '04 Dodge Dakota 4x4. V8, 5spd FOR SALE Black 98 SVT EO (#2119 of 6535)- SOLD! New project-'88 Ranger 302 swap.
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
oops insert foot into mouth.....

Originally posted by bnoon:
Originally posted by RTStabler51:

Ehhhhhh, nooooooo...

Ryan Trollin!
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
You can use it in diesel in the allis transmisions that are in semi's and tractors.

98CSVT specII yada yada yada 95 Mustang GT M&M road&track box HP stage one 60-mm
W
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
W
I love that movie!!!

"Bullitt" not F&F

I think that Charger R/T is the coolest 70 muscle car every built.
(yeah, I might be exagerating just a little)

Steve McQueen Rulez

Bullitt was the first movie I ever bought.

2FAST4U 2000 Contour SVT
B
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by fst4dr:
I think your getting double clutching confused with heel and toe shifting. I haven't seen any road racers that still double clutch.

A good exaple of double clutching is in the car chase in "Bullitt" Steve Mcqueen does it all through that chase in his mustang. If you haven't seen it, you should see it for one of the best car chases of all time

It is THE BEST car chase scenes of all time !!!
But thats my opinion

www.ChicagoCEG.com 2006 White Grand Prix
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
ahem, the charger in bullit was a 68 R/T. in F&F it was a 70 coronet dressed as a 70 charger. just playing. Thank god that car in the F&F wasn't a real charger. I would have cried.

1991 Taurus SHO - 3.2, bolt ons, and Zex nitrous 13.630 @ 105.16, boost on the way! 1992 Taurus SHO - Parts car 1993 T-Bird SC
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard