Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
B
There is no short cut to determine if it is covered by your ESP plan. The failed part must be identified and then the part number checked against a list. Until you do that it is all speculation. If you have already checked to see what the most likely things would be that would set that code and they are not covered then you have really done all you can until the actual part is fully identified. I'm sorry that I can't be of more help.

Jim Johnson
98 SVT
D
daye Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Quote:
Originally posted by Big Jim:
There is no short cut to determine if it is covered by your ESP plan. The failed part must be identified and then the part number checked against a list. Until you do that it is all speculation. If you have already checked to see what the most likely things would be that would set that code and they are not covered then you have really done all you can until the actual part is fully identified. I'm sorry that I can't be of more help.

The mechanics showed me the TSB Article No. 00-3-7 on this code. So what they will do first is try the engine flush, then replace the VCT solenoid, VCT sprocket and sprocket bolt. I wonder if this is included in the (ExtraCare) ESP as alex_96GL suggested but not sure.

Or, to rephrase the question under current circumstances, do I have to go to a Ford dealer for 'engine flush'? Thank you very much.

A
A
hey, I merely suggested that it would be logical to have it covered...

after Jim's post I think we should know better than trust logic when dealing with Ford.

good luck, man, you gonna need it wink

--alex | 96 GL(sort of) V6 ATX | 98 SE V6 MTX Sport
D
daye Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I just ran a check on 'check engine' in this forum and it showed up that in average, one new post per day. This is simply outrageous. Remember the California recall on Ford starter? We did not even see much starter problems yet. If we gether together, and write to the D.O.T., or find a good lawyer, we may be able to have Ford recall all Contours on the emission system. If you think you are lucky on the CEL, the theory is that you'll have it on tomorrow. That happened on me.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard