Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
if there's good fitment, quality steel, and no rasp, i'm in. . .

G
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by JSUMoose1489:
Hey all,

I have been talking back and forth with YoDude Performance. We are trying to figure out the interest out there for a true dual setup for our tours. If anyone is interested let me know, the setup is still in question, and there will be some testing time for sure. Any idea's on the setup for those of you who already have true duals and have dyno'd your car, or those who are really happy with your true dual setup, all positive comments would be appreciated! Thanks,
Moose

If you do a search for True Duals, you will find someone from Kalamazoo Area in Michigan that has his whole ExtrudeHoned SVT Setup photographed. He's also got a HOW-TO and parts list of what he used and other ideas.

Bah, I forgot this is a new server.... If you want to look at the profiles, it's a Silver SVT. When I get home in a few days, I'll try to find his name and contact info.

Last edited by Grunt; 09/24/02 05:39 AM.
B
Redneck Troll
Redneck Troll
B

This is my set up on my 3L SE. I feel I could have used 2.25" for this larger motor, but this dual 2" set up would be quite fine for all but boosted 2.5L Duratecs out there. All mandrel bent, fits fine, doesn't hang low, and uses the stock hanger locations.

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
Brad,

thanks for the visuals! We're hoping that if Yodude decides to go through with it, they'll use 2.5 pipe. We want these duals to be able to fit 2.5L and the 3.0L. As some of us (myself included) will soon be upgrading to the 3.0L. thanks,
Moose

1998 Black 3L Contour SVT Sweet Home Alabama
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Has anybody dynoed a true dual setup yet? I'm very curious to see how it compares to the cat-backs already available.

2000 SVT Black #1400 of 2150 2020 miles as of 6-25-2006
N
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
N
I'm not positive, but I think Grunt is talking about Xchang. certainly sounds like his car anyway.

Shawn Clone Jezabel- 1999 SE Sport V6 MTX- Severly wounded, comatose Silver frost/Black Exterior-Midnight Blue Interior The Firecracker- 1995 Mystique LS V6 MTX stock and backfiring like a rifle shot I have 3 loves, my God, Brittany, and my Car.
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Yeah, sounds like XChang.
Moose - 2.5" dual piping is too large. Ask the experts!

Derek Scion xB 5-spd Previous: 2000 Silver Frost SVT Please share the road with cyclists.
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
2.5 mandrel bent piping is what most aftermarket quasi's use, and Brad Noon is an Expert... So I think I'd have to take his advice.. And how can you go too big?
Moose

1998 Black 3L Contour SVT Sweet Home Alabama
H
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
H
if you go too big you'll torq. and some HP...2 1/2 is big but it sounds good to me.

98 SVT, clutch masters flywheel, spec stage2 clutch, quaife ,y pipe. and only MOBIL-1 oil. gansta a$$ 2000 Honda Civic on dope("nnnaaawwwzz"). ricers suck KING OF ROAD RAGE i need a center console and cup holder!!!!!1
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by JSUMoose1489:
2.5 mandrel bent piping is what most aftermarket quasi's use, and Brad Noon is an Expert... So I think I'd have to take his advice.. And how can you go too big?
Moose

For 1, I don't think you'll be able to fit TWO 2.5" pipes in the space provided. 2, I don't think a 2.5L or a 3L could use the airflow capabilities that TWO 2.5" pipes provides. I think it'd slow the exhaust gasses down.

Sorry...didn't mean to hijack this thread. PM Brad Noon and see what he says.
BTW, Mandrel bent true duals = a great idea. Props to you, Moose.

Derek Scion xB 5-spd Previous: 2000 Silver Frost SVT Please share the road with cyclists.
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard