Give it up for a Zetec Contour with a first & second place finish (co-drivers) in Sunday's autocross here in Asheville, NC!

Due to the all-day rain, it was officially redubbed a HYDROcross!

Okay, we were driving in novice HS and there were no other novices, but at least our times were faster than many other cars, including some GS cars. Add to that the fact that my co-driver was at his first autocross ever and is only 15 years old. My best time was a 35.514 and his was a 36.644! I was worried that I was going to get beaten by my own car! and by a kid even!

I must say that our stock 'tour did better in the rain than many other guys did, many other guys who have been doing this longer too! The FTD was in the 31.??? range, so we were not at the bottom at least.

Final results will eventually be on the club's site at Highlands Sports Car Club - Asheville. Click on results and look for the Biltmore Square Autocross on Sept. 15 (not there as of today).

I just had to brag that a 15 y.o. had done so well,, in a 'tour, and that I was able to secure a "first in class" victory for a Contour!

L8R

Don Francis - 1999 Contour Zetec MTX -- Stock except for stereo mods & 20%/5% tint: Sony MobileES head unit, Pioneer 6x8 in front doors, 3 JL Audio 10 in the trunk, RF Punch amp pushing the doors, JL 300x2 amp on the 10s Auto X Novice --> NHS 11 (ya gotta start somewhere) - thanks auto x guys for your advice!