Next Thread
Print Thread
#438641 09/16/02 05:00 PM
N
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
N
Hey all you racers. I just moved up to the Detroit area, and a while ago I could have sworn I came across a region in this area that had a Contour specific class. Was i dreaming or is there such a group? And on top of that, are there any more AutoX events up in this area yet this year? I'd like to get out before the year is up to see what the competition is like up here

Thanks for the info

Ben

'96 SE Mods for STS AutoX -For Sale-
#438642 09/16/02 09:35 PM
S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
Depends what mods you have??????

I run STS and i only have a open element filter. But im a pretty good racer.

GS is the lowest class you could race and ESP or EP is the highest. But it all depends on mods

#438643 09/17/02 01:13 AM
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T

Welcome to the Michigan area.

There are a lot of Contour and SVT owners, here. Many of them are very active around this region.

As far as the Contour specific class you mentioned... What you saw was the results from Spring Zing '01 (or '02). This was held by the West Michigan Region SCCA over in Kalamazoo. Unfortunately, this is not a 'true' car classification, and only comes around during SpringZing due to the inordinate number of Contours at this event.

A few web sites of interest:
West Michigan Region
Detroit Region
Ann Arbor Car Club

The Contour Specific Class you probaby saw:
WMR/SZing Results

The event you will want to attend is the Season Ender in Detroit. It will be held at the Palace of Auburn Hills, and I guarantee you it will ROCK! You can pre-register, and even pre-pay through PayPal, at MyAutoEvents.com . The entry count is currently at 131, so I highly recommend that you at least pre-register, as they will cap entries. STS is a pretty hotly contested class, so you will have your hands full Have fun, and good luck.

There are 10 kinds of people... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
#438644 09/17/02 06:13 PM
N
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
N
Yup, that's exactly what I had found. dang, I was hoping after seeing those results that I would find a consistantly large contour turn-out up here. Thanks for the info on the autox later this month - I will definetely be there. I'm just not sure what I will drive. I havn't autox'd the tour for about a year. The last autox event I ran was a night-time one down in Phoenix. That adds a whole new perspective to things. I was running STS down there, so I'd run the same here (KKM intake, 16" wheels knock me out of stock). My other option is my FSP 510 - but unfortunately, it is not street legal and i'm not too big towing it with a bumper-bar that far. I'll have to see what I run, but I'll be there.

see ya at the Palace!

'96 SE Mods for STS AutoX -For Sale-

Moderated by  Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard