Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#43884 04/23/01 02:50 PM
T
T
Quote:
Originally posted by Y2KMondeoSVT:

Does NASA know that you're not really busy

I am hoping to get a job with NASA!!! At the NASA Glenn Research Center. It looks promising! I am keeping my fingers crossed!

------------------
Ted
Garfield Hts.,OH
'95 SE,Champagne,Duratec,MTX,fogs w/parks,Ray's THF,rear dome,lighted moonroof switch(thanx Dom!),tranny cocktail,minor stereo mods.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

Ted
tdavidk76@hotmail.com
'95 SE • DOB-4/20/95 • every option • Champagne • Duratec • MTX.
Mods: Taylor wires • Bosch +4 • Eibach/Sachs Super Gas (half done) • rear BAT urethane bushings • SVT air box (thanx Dom!) • fogs w/parks • 885 50w fog bulbs • Ray's THF • rear dome • lighted moonroof switch(thanx again Dom!) • tranny cocktail • minor stereo mods.
Yet to install: Front Eibach/Sachs • Front BAT urethane swaybar bushings.
#43885 04/23/01 04:06 PM
N
N
Hey Sandman333, thanks for the heads up on broken springs. I am going to check mine.

Neil
95 SE Midnight Red MTX
Winnipeg, Canada
#43886 04/23/01 04:17 PM
S
S
You're welcome.

"When I take action, I'm not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It's going to be decisive." - President George W. Bush

95 Contour SE ATX V6
"Cracked" Secondaries
DMD Installed
SVT Brakes
#43887 04/23/01 11:36 PM
Y
Y
Sandman , the change in my attitude (as you say) is because I was reminded of what a very wise old man once told me :

If you're standing on a street corner arguing with a fool , and an innocent bystander walks up and watches the two of you arguing ... How will he know who's the fool ??

Well , I'm standing on the corner ... and people are watching me argue ...

In closing , I apologise to anyone that has been witness to me totally wasting CEG bandwidth arguing with Sandman . This has been the first & last time I will do so , especially when there is obviously no way to get my point through .

By the way , I NEVER said there should NOT be a recall

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Allen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Allen

********** Love Those REDWINGS !!! **********

2000 Contour SVT Black w/ Tan #2137 of 2150 / built 2-4-00
Mods : ~ Factory DRL mod ~ "Powered by Ford" seatbelt covers
~ OF's TH fix ~ Audi A-6 Side Repeaters ~ Highs in Lows Mod
~ #885 foggies ~ KKM filter ~ Mondeo ST200 Badging & Shiftknob
~ Pre-98 Sails ~ Nose Bra ~ Trunk cargo net ~ '98 Clock
~ "Glasspacked" Resonator ~ Painted Rear Reflector
~ Räzo Pedals ~ Custom "Mondeo" Windscreen Banner ~ Ventvisors
~ Lighted Moonroof Switch ~ Mystique Rear Seat Light
~ Painted Grille Ring ~ H&R Springs & Mondeo ST200 Struts
~ Mille Miglia "Cello" Wheels

My old 95 \'Tour SE ~ New SVT pics here
#43888 04/24/01 02:32 AM
S
S
Well, now I will call you a liar. Your statement of "don't even think of condemning", and the last statement of your last post, makes you a liar. Your first statement certainly indicates your opinion that there should not be a recall. Now you are contradicting that. The really difficult thing about lying is that after a while, you forget the lies you told and they start to catch up to you (someday, when you grow up, you will learn this). Hence, we have your current predicament.

It seems the only fool you are arguing with is yourself.

"When I take action, I'm not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It's going to be decisive." - President George W. Bush

95 Contour SE ATX V6
"Cracked" Secondaries
DMD Installed
SVT Brakes
#43889 04/24/01 02:56 AM
Y
Y
Listen to me loud & clear when I tell you this , because it will be the last time I say anything to you !!
When I said it was the finest suspension , I was speaking of PERFORMANCE , not in the tensile strength of the springs & their possibility of breakage and wheather or not there should be a recall . If you weren't so all-fired up to try to make a point of acting up , you'd have realised that . So I think you need to get your head out & figure stuff out for yourself instead of me having to spell it out for you . So once again , I am not arguing with myself ... and I'll spell this out for you so you know for sure (since that's the way you like it) ... I am not the fool in question !!! Although with each response I read of yours I feel I'm being "dumbed down" !
I'm sure the folks of Rantoul are glad to have such a studious person such as yourself on duty , God bless 'em .
Now go and find another way to take things out of their intended context & switch stuff around to suit your needs . Typical ...

I apologise once again to all other CEGers reading this , I hope you're getting a kick out of all of this drama !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Allen

Sandman , I can't wait to hear what you come up with next . Lay it on me man ... I'm all ears !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Allen

********** Love Those REDWINGS !!! **********

2000 Contour SVT Black w/ Tan #2137 of 2150 / built 2-4-00
Mods : ~ Factory DRL mod ~ "Powered by Ford" seatbelt covers
~ OF's TH fix ~ Audi A-6 Side Repeaters ~ Highs in Lows Mod
~ #885 foggies ~ KKM filter ~ Mondeo ST200 Badging & Shiftknob
~ Pre-98 Sails ~ Nose Bra ~ Trunk cargo net ~ '98 Clock
~ "Glasspacked" Resonator ~ Painted Rear Reflector
~ Räzo Pedals ~ Custom "Mondeo" Windscreen Banner ~ Ventvisors
~ Lighted Moonroof Switch ~ Mystique Rear Seat Light
~ Painted Grille Ring ~ H&R Springs & Mondeo ST200 Struts
~ Mille Miglia "Cello" Wheels

My old 95 \'Tour SE ~ New SVT pics here
#43890 04/24/01 02:57 AM
M
M
Guys

This BS arguing is not advancing the issue. Please calm it down and get back to the real issue.....broken springs !

'98 Mystique LS V6 MTX

"Unprofessional driver, wide open course."
#9 - Hitting .400 for ever
"Wake up the damn Bambino; I'll drill him in the ass." -- Pedro Martinez
"The MTX75 was not designed to be a drag racing transmission" -- Terry Haines
#43891 04/24/01 01:53 PM
S
S
All I have to do to prove my statement from my last post is to copy/paste your statements here:

"Don't even think to condemn all of the '95 SE's for having bad springs or that the springs are junk right from the get-go . "

and.....

"By the way , I NEVER said there should NOT be a recall"

Now, which story are you going with today? Those two statements are mutually exclusive of each other! A recall is performed because there was a faulty/defective part from the get-go, to borrow your terminology. It's true that you never said there should not be a recall, word-for-word. However, I'm not going to get into a semantics argument with you.

MarkO- Sorry for all this. I am just trying to get something done for those of us who are concerned for our safety. Allen, or whoever he is, seems to think we should all trust our lives to his experience with 2 cars, which he cannot even confirm that he inspected in such a way as to detect the problem I am concerned with. So far in this thread, we have a "possible" 2 cars without broken springs, and an overwhelming majority with broken springs. I tried to be nice in the beginning, but it seems that Allen had other ideas. He will simply not listen to logic.

95 Contour SE ATX V6
"Cracked" Secondaries
DMD Installed
SVT Brakes
#43892 04/24/01 02:22 PM
R
R
Aftermarket OEM type springs for Contour? Queries to a couple of auto part suppliers have indicated that they are available from Ford only.
Performance springs I do not know about and I don't see them being used on a regular street Contour.

stock 95 LX,6cyl ATX
#43893 04/24/01 02:33 PM
S
S
Yeah, I think I am going to have to go with some type of aftermarket performance spring for the front. Curious, the rear didn't seem to sit low before. It actually looked normal with the broken springs, especially compared to the other Contours/Mystiques in my area. (makes me wonder how many of them are broken, too!) Now, after the replacement of the rear springs, there is a noticeable difference in ride height. It seems that the front looks low now. Makes me wonder if the fronts are not broken too. Of course, Hill Ford will not remove the spring/strut and inspect. They seem to think they can find the breaks with the springs installed on the car. I showed them the proof in the rear springs where it was possible for them to be broken and not be able to find the break while installed, but they would not listen. I absolutely hate it when the service writer treats you like you don't know the first thing about your car. How hard would it be to have the mechanic put the car up on a lift and SHOW him what you are talking about? I understand the liability of having a customer in the service area, but I still don't think my request is all that unreasonable.

------------------
95 Contour SE automatic, 37,000 miles

95 Contour SE ATX V6
"Cracked" Secondaries
DMD Installed
SVT Brakes
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard