Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#43874 04/23/01 12:15 AM
S
S
Also, if you look and actually read the posts in here, there are quite a few that checked their springs because of mentions of broken coils IN THESE FORUMS. THIS INCLUDES ME! How long do you suggest we should have driven with broken springs, because no one was blowing the whistle on this, so to speak? We need someone to stand up to Ford and force a recall on a painfully obvious, defective and dangerous part.

------------------
95 Contour SE automatic, 37,000 miles

"When I take action, I'm not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It's going to be decisive." - President George W. Bush

95 Contour SE ATX V6
"Cracked" Secondaries
DMD Installed
SVT Brakes
#43875 04/23/01 12:31 AM
M
M
Today, I noticed for the first time a low, loud squeaking sound coming from the front driver's side of my 97 Mystique when driving slowly over some potholes in a parking lot. Now I am wondering, could this be caused by a broken spring?

#43876 04/23/01 12:32 AM
S
S
Oh, and this takes the cake on Ford's poor attitude on this subject.

When I turned my car in to the dealer for the springs/oil leak/trans leak/heater core leak recently (all under extended warranty), they told me they would not return the car to me because it was too dangerous to drive with the broken coils in the back. Ok, fine. I have no problem with that. I then told them of the extended warranty on the front coils, and that I would like them replaced as a precautionary measure, given that the rears on my car had already broken and the majority of complaints listed in these forums and on the NHTSA site were for multiple broken springs on both the front and rear of the car. The Ford dealer told me that it was Ford's policy not to replace these springs until they actually broke.

Let me get this straight: Ford will not let me drive my car because of the danger that broken springs present. At the same time, they would rather endanger my life with the other set of springs and save a few bucks. Hmmm..... does this make any sense to anyone other than Y2KMondeoSVT?

------------------

"When I take action, I'm not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It's going to be decisive." - President George W. Bush

95 Contour SE ATX V6
"Cracked" Secondaries
DMD Installed
SVT Brakes
#43877 04/23/01 02:42 AM
Y
Y
Boy , it must be nice to be a perfect , all knowing , all seeing , ever improving , genius , rocket scientist such as yourself !
Does NASA know that you're not really busy working on the next space station ??
I'm glad you took the time out of your busy day perfecting your cure for cancer to stop by the CEG and voice your opinion !
I'm sorry if I hurt your fragile little (yea,right) ego by contradicting something you had to say . I've been on the CEG for years and don't usually get into anyone like this , but you need a bit of an attitude adjustment . You need to learn to handle a bit of criticism without having a brain anurism .
Once again , I'm sorry for my brash tone , but you need to get over it a bit & get on with your life ... as exciting as it may be , now that you've got that AIDS cure almost finished !

Over and out ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Allen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Allen

********** Love Those REDWINGS !!! **********

2000 Contour SVT Black w/ Tan #2137 of 2150 / built 2-4-00
Mods : ~ Factory DRL mod ~ "Powered by Ford" seatbelt covers
~ OF's TH fix ~ Audi A-6 Side Repeaters ~ Highs in Lows Mod
~ #885 foggies ~ KKM filter ~ Mondeo ST200 Badging & Shiftknob
~ Pre-98 Sails ~ Nose Bra ~ Trunk cargo net ~ '98 Clock
~ "Glasspacked" Resonator ~ Painted Rear Reflector
~ Räzo Pedals ~ Custom "Mondeo" Windscreen Banner ~ Ventvisors
~ Lighted Moonroof Switch ~ Mystique Rear Seat Light
~ Painted Grille Ring ~ H&R Springs & Mondeo ST200 Struts
~ Mille Miglia "Cello" Wheels

My old 95 \'Tour SE ~ New SVT pics here
#43878 04/23/01 03:27 AM
S
S
Um, that had what to do with the topic at hand? More irrelevant drivel because you cannot refute the logical conclusion that there is a problem with the springs, I see. Well, your attempts at insulting me mean nothing.

I have made logical arguments for my side. Your argument so far has consisted of, "it's just the luck of the draw." Well, I don't consider my life, or the lives of the people who drive on the highway with me, to be so frivolous as to leave it to "the luck of the draw". Maybe you do. I guess some people were never taught to respect the safety of others around them. If you are that self-centered, that is your business. I feel sorry for you. That is the only thing I am sorry for in my posts here.

Think about this: In every recall, there are a number of the recalled parts that will perform like they should. Perhaps you got lucky. The reason for the recall is that there are many more parts that have demonstrated a propensity for failure, and their failure poses a significant risk to the safety, even the very lives, of the consumer. That is clearly the case here.

Now, let me ask you this question: Do you have children? (I do, three in fact) Would you trust your life and the lives of your children to these springs and their DEMONSTRATED PROPENSITY FOR FAILURE? I will not. I will replace my front springs with non-Ford parts as soon as I get the car back. I will keep my receipts in case Ford does get smart and issues a recall.

In all of this, I never meant to insult you. In fact, if you go back and read, you will see that on more than one occasion, I stated that failing to detect spring breakage is not your fault. Nor is it the result of a lack of any training. I am sure that you are a fine mechanic. That is not the issue. Your taking my statements as a personal attack on you, and then returning that attack, only serves to demonstrate your immaturity.

Last, I don't believe that any reasonable person will trust their safety to "the luck of the draw".

[This message has been edited by Sandman333 (edited April 23, 2001).]

95 Contour SE ATX V6
"Cracked" Secondaries
DMD Installed
SVT Brakes
#43879 04/23/01 12:44 PM
M
M
Hello???

#43880 04/23/01 12:53 PM
Y
Y
Quote:
Um, that had what to do with the topic at hand? More irrelevant drivel because you cannot refute the logical conclusion that there is a problem with the springs, I see. Well, your attempts at insulting me mean nothing

Well , it's one way to deal with your pure arrogance ... just like we handle trolls on this site . It seems like it's the only way to deal with some people , such as yourself . Don't get all high & mighty on me here ...

Quote:
I have made logical arguements for my side. Your argument so far has consisted of, "it's just the luck of the draw." Well, I don't care to trust my life, or the lives of the people who drive on the highway with me, to be so frivolous as to leave it to "the luck of the draw". Maybe you do. I guess some people were never taught to respect the safety of others around them. If you are that self-centered, that is your business. I feel sorry for you. That is the only thing I am sorry for in my posts here

Hey , I never meant that you should have to rely on the luck of the draw for your safety or the safety of your offspring (lord , help us) ! YOU came to that conclusion on your own . I just meant that maybe it's the luck of the draw that you got a bad one . More high & mighty ... safety of others & all that crap ... you just want what's yours , like every other american . And , yea , I was taught to be totally inconsiderate to others , not respect my elders , I was allowed to run with scissors , and every other one you can think of . I just love it how you jump to conclusions about my up-bringing . I'm FAR from self-centered , and don't feel sorry for me , I'm doing alright . Thanks for your concern .

Quote:
Think about this: In every recall, there are a number of the recalled parts that will perform like they should. Perhaps you got lucky. The reason for the recall is that there are many more parts that have demonstrated a propensity for failure, and their failure poses a significant risk to the safety, even the very lives, of the consumer. That is clearly the case here

Perhaps I got lucky ... I've said that to you before ! I know what the heck a recall is all about , I don't need you telling me all about it in a way to make yourself SEEM more intelligent , you're not fooling me .

Quote:

Now, let me ask you this question: Do you have children? (I do, three in fact) Would you trust your life and the lives of your children to these springs and their DEMONSTRATED PROPENSITY FOR FAILURE? I will not. I will replace my front springs with non-Ford parts as soon as I get the car back. I will keep my receipts in case Ford does get smart and issues a recall.

To answer your question ... NO . I have no kids . At least I'm responsibe enough to keep it in my shorts , instead of bringing numerous children into this type of society that you're showing me here . I know that it sucks that your springs broke , not my damn fault about that one . If you wish to change your springs with non-Ford parts immediately after getting it back , then that's your call . Are the new springs going to be of a better quality (maybe a revised design or something) ? Maybe you won't have to waste your time/money changing them .

Quote:
In all of this, I never meant to insult you. In fact, if you go back and read, you will see that on more than one occasion, I stated that failing to detect spring breakage is not your fault. Nor is it the result of a lack of any training. I am sure that you are a fine mechanic. That is not the issue. Your taking my statements as a personal attack on you, and then returning that attack, only serves to demonstrate your immaturity

I'm not taking your statements as an attack , just as a way to guage your level of intensity . I'm sure in your collossal 23 days of forum membership , you've seen how many people I have given advise to and THEY have been thankful . In turn , I have been thankful to people who have given ME advise . This is the FIRST time that I have been in such an exchange with ANYONE ! You just rub me the wrong way , maybe it's arrogance , maybe it's something else . I don't know . I'm not immature , just fed up .
Oh , and YES ... I am a fine mechanic . Thanks for the compliment .

Quote:
Last, I don't believe that any reasonable person will trust their safety to "the luck of the draw".

More "out of context" material here . And "high & mighty" content too . Good call ...

Man , I hate to keep responding to this crap , but you just keep giving me more material . Thanks ! Have a nice day !!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Allen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Allen

********** Love Those REDWINGS !!! **********

2000 Contour SVT Black w/ Tan #2137 of 2150 / built 2-4-00
Mods : ~ Factory DRL mod ~ "Powered by Ford" seatbelt covers
~ OF's TH fix ~ Audi A-6 Side Repeaters ~ Highs in Lows Mod
~ #885 foggies ~ KKM filter ~ Mondeo ST200 Badging & Shiftknob
~ Pre-98 Sails ~ Nose Bra ~ Trunk cargo net ~ '98 Clock
~ "Glasspacked" Resonator ~ Painted Rear Reflector
~ Räzo Pedals ~ Custom "Mondeo" Windscreen Banner ~ Ventvisors
~ Lighted Moonroof Switch ~ Mystique Rear Seat Light
~ Painted Grille Ring ~ H&R Springs & Mondeo ST200 Struts
~ Mille Miglia "Cello" Wheels

My old 95 \'Tour SE ~ New SVT pics here
#43881 04/23/01 12:59 PM
S
S
Mysty-

It's very possible, hell, highly likely. Jack up the car (use jack stands), take the front wheels off, and look and feel up by the springs. You might be able to see a break or a broken off piece of coil. If you can't, completely inspect the sway bar, ball joints, and tie rod ends. Shake the exhaust around. Look for anything else that may be loose and causing the sound you are hearing. If you can't find any other reason for the sound, suspect a coil break that you can't see. Take the car to a shop and have them remove the spring/strut assembly and inspect it. Your life isn't worth taking the chance that the springs are ok.

------------------

95 Contour SE ATX V6
"Cracked" Secondaries
DMD Installed
SVT Brakes
#43882 04/23/01 01:12 PM
S
S
Well, whatever. You seem to have matured a little since your last post. A little, but certainly not a lot. Your attitude that because you seemingly didn't have problems, therefore there should not be a recall ("don't even think about condemning all 95 springs") is simply pure ignorance. That is what is very arrogant and self-centered. Nothing else in this thread has been so. Again, you have yet to provide any logical argument as to why there should not be a recall.

My membership on this forum in no way has any bearing on my knowledge of automobiles. That was your pathetic attempt to make yourself sound more intelligent, and it failed miserably. I am concerned for my safety, and that of my family. (that was a really stupid remark on your part also, as I have a wonderful marraige. I would not trade my family for the world. I don't expect you to understand that until you have a family of your own. Parenthood changes you. Well, most people anyway.)

I am also concerned for the safety of every other Contour owner out there. It doesn't matter how good the suspension on these cars is, if the spring breaks, cuts the tire, and causes you to get in an accident. What are you going to have inscribed on your grave? "At least my Mondeo handled well, up to the point where it killed me"?) lol Now that is the very definition of ignorance!

------------------

95 Contour SE ATX V6
"Cracked" Secondaries
DMD Installed
SVT Brakes
#43883 04/23/01 01:17 PM
S
S
Oh, and Ford will only replace the rear springs that broke, not the front ones until after they break. I will pay to replace the fronts because I don't trust them. I will use non-Ford parts because I have no way of knowing if Ford has improved the design/materials yet. How many other Contour owners out there do not know of this forum, and are driving around in time bombs? How many should be killed or injured before we issue a recall? How responsible would that be?

------------------

95 Contour SE ATX V6
"Cracked" Secondaries
DMD Installed
SVT Brakes
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard