Print Thread
#437461 09/14/02 06:58 AM
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Have a question...

If I have an SVT Exhaust from the cat back (not sure if it includes the cat, but involve that in the question).

Would I just be able to bolt it up to my 99 SE Sport Exhaust? Or are there other modifications?

I know I'll need a hanging bracket etc, but anything else???

www.geocities.com/jesusfr7282000 Biblical principles work, there are no exceptions. 99 Suburban 03 Silverado 70 Skylark 79 Electra
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Yes it will bolt right up. You may want to get some beffier rubber hangers, depending what shape yours are in, and you may need a new exhaust manifold gasket you can get those at NAPA. That should be it. You may need some WD-40 to get the nuts loose it they are on there very tight. That's all I needed on my 97 SE.

Austin -officially a troll See it here Pro-Flow w/ optimizer STILL for sale
I
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by COntour:
Yes it will bolt right up. You may want to get some beffier rubber hangers, depending what shape yours are in, and you may need a new exhaust manifold gasket you can get those at NAPA. That should be it. You may need some WD-40 to get the nuts loose it they are on there very tight. That's all I needed on my 97 SE.

I think exhaust manifold gasket is an incorrect term here. To me this means the gasket between the engine and exhaust manifold. Do you mean the gasket between the output end of catalyst & exhaust pipe?

contours, deloreans & fiats, oh my!
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Originally posted by 99SESPORT:
Have a question...

If I have an SVT Exhaust from the cat back (not sure if it includes the cat, but involve that in the question).

Would I just be able to bolt it up to my 99 SE Sport Exhaust? Or are there other modifications?

I know I'll need a hanging bracket etc, but anything else???

This is sort of on topic. I was crawling around under my car today and am I correct when I say that an SVT exhaust only includes the cat back portion of the exaust. The Y-pipe and Cat up to the 2 bolt flange just after the cat are standard on all models of the V6 Contour???

Thanks in Advance.

1998.5 E1 SVT Contour #5482/6535
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Yeah I realized afterwards that that is the wrong term. Sorry about that.

Austin -officially a troll See it here Pro-Flow w/ optimizer STILL for sale

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard