Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
i love the posi burnout skidmarks!!! looks like it was some big V8 tearin up the road there. keep the sweet videos comin.

the 3.0L oval port 3.0L '98 midnight blue se
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
quaife=grip. . .can FORD install these things or do we have to hav shops install them? The installation sounds tricky, but DAMN, that vid really shows us the improvement!

Dustyn, VERY NICE.

Suneil

P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
Originally posted by Dustyn:
I am not sure why I am not getting any wheel hop the stock suspension is still in place. I think it might be because of the bald Kdw's.

I would agree. My cars spins both tires until I let off the gas. No quaife needed as the very worn KDW's spin at will...

I'll second (third?) that - I can easily get as much wheelhop as I want if I launch too high at the strip or hammer the gas on a wet road, even with a Quaife.

Another big difference with the Quaife that I found on Sunday: I drove for about 1/8 mile at 45 MPH with the left wheels in a large pool of standing water on the Garden State Parkway during a downpour. Car stayed straight as an arrow with the right wheels out of the "mini-lake". Torque Biasing Differential might have saved my life - I had no idea the water was that deep or went on for that long until it was too late.

I won't even start on the joy of driving in the snow with Quaife and Blizzaks.

H
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
H
Having rode in the Dustyn's car, from 0-100mph, its incredible! Its no fun vibrating for 50 feet as the wheels hop down the drapstip. In his car its all rub and go! He has the DMD also. Quaife + DMD = SMOOTHE! The next thing you know, his name will be on the 1/4 mile database with mine

Sold 1998 Contour LX 13.868 sec 1/4 mile time. Two years of rental cars, seriously. Holding out for 07 Cobra Mustang.
D
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
D
I've seen this vid posted about three times in the past month. One time with a Dune-Buggy Song. One time with out the song. And now this time.

Count 'em... 1, 2, and 3.

99 SE Sport SilverFrost MTX 01 F4i Red/White My mom says I shouldn't talk to conservatives.
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
Cool vid man.

Team Evo Staz: You know why they call it Skunkworks? Everyone: Why? Staz: Because everything that comes out of it stinks!!! Steeda-I hate you stazi
K
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
K
OK, I am new to the wonderful world of mods, and I know to most of you this is a stupid question, but what is a quaife? I assume from the other posts here it is some sort of differential or transaxle?

99 Contour SE Alpine 7894 Polk 6x8's (soon to be Diamond Audio 6.5 separates) Fosgate Amps Kicker 12's No Other Mods YET (I'm poor)
K
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
K
Never mind...I looked it up on Yahoo! and found all the information I needed...I gotta stop being so lazy

99 Contour SE Alpine 7894 Polk 6x8's (soon to be Diamond Audio 6.5 separates) Fosgate Amps Kicker 12's No Other Mods YET (I'm poor)
C
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
C
That video is too cool. I wish my 'Tour could do that

-Ken V. 1998.5 SE Praire Tan Zetec ATX psycho_bass@hotmail.com Roush springs Roush rear sway bar BAT struts 17" Millie Miglia HT3 and a ton of subtle asthetic mods
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Soon....soon. The Quaife is coming for me soon.

'98 SVT Contour, in at least 639 pieces 4 Speed MTX...synchro and shift fork replacement in progress
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard