Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 21 22
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by wavrdr:
IMHO-a carbon fiber hood with vents similiar to the Jaguar XKR(similiar to Cossie vents, but flush mounted) would be awesome! Looks stock from afar, yet it would still allow hot air to escape the engine compartment. Carbon fiber to lighten up the front end, vented to cool the engine.

Agreed. CF hood with flush mounted Cossie-style vents and I'm in.

I think the Predator hood narrows down the market - I doubt you could get more than 10 people for a GB. Plus making the CF hood a Predator style would jack up the price.

I think a CF hood with simple vents is something that most could agree on - a lightweight hood with a way for heat to escape and keep the price down.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by SVT ST PETE:
Originally posted by wavrdr:
IMHO-a carbon fiber hood with vents similiar to the Jaguar XKR(similiar to Cossie vents, but flush mounted) would be awesome! Looks stock from afar, yet it would still allow hot air to escape the engine compartment. Carbon fiber to lighten up the front end, vented to cool the engine.

Agreed. CF hood with flush mounted Cossie-style vents and I'm in.

I think the Predator hood narrows down the market - I doubt you could get more than 10 people for a GB. Plus making the CF hood a Predator style would jack up the price.

I think a CF hood with simple vents is something that most could agree on - a lightweight hood with a way for heat to escape and keep the price down.

agreed here as well.

Hugo ------ 98 SVT - 53k mi - SOLD 04 Mazda3 S 5-Dr
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
well its good that we explore all options and i think it's established that the majority wants some type of vent or hood scoop. I'm up for anything with a scoop as long as it's a clean design.

B
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
B
I want a CF hood either predator or not but a CF predator would be a soooo nice

2000 Black SVT Contour 15%Tint Axis 17 Seven Chrom Wheels MODS;KKM Intake,B&M Shifter,Diablo Chip much more to come Stereo;Eclispe 12subs 5x7's all around plus US1000x amp
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
IF anyone wants to see what a few scoops look like on the TOUR, let me know and i'll send you the pics so you can post them up here... Photo Shop Pics complements of Sho Nuff~

MY TOYS 98.5 Black/Midnight Blue SVT 2003 Yellow Honda CBR 600 RR 2004 Green/wht. Yamaha 740XL Waverunner Waiting on a hood, to see what my next step is for the SVT.
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
so these hoods do not fit pre-98's? i don't feel like readin eveyr post and such and im curious, I got a '97

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
i'll take some thing diffrent from oem style....cowl induction...god how sweet,,,,but scoops,and vents would be nice. like i said diffrent is great...........

B
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by SVT ST PETE:

I agree. I would love to have CF with predator but the price could be so high and I need money for the body kit.

2000 Black SVT Contour 15%Tint Axis 17 Seven Chrom Wheels MODS;KKM Intake,B&M Shifter,Diablo Chip much more to come Stereo;Eclispe 12subs 5x7's all around plus US1000x amp
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
I think something like THIS would be cool.....the hood looks like OE but with the cossie vents as previously mentioned.

i know the pic isn't the best - but you get the idea.

Hugo ------ 98 SVT - 53k mi - SOLD 04 Mazda3 S 5-Dr
O
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
O

Something like this but a little more tame would be nice. But i still like the idea of offseting the cowl induction over the intake area and vents up top.

MY NEW HOBBY...RUINING CHRIS CROFTS LIFE...
Page 5 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 21 22

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard