Print Thread
#436120 09/12/02 08:37 PM
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Hey all,
most of you know the situation (relationship) i am in, for those that dont. I have been with the same girl for a year now, we are very serious. I am at her Mom's house like everyday and spend ALOT of time with her family. Well, the problem is that her parents are divorced and I get along VERY good with her Mom and her stepdad. Problem is, I have never met her real dad who she isn't very close to anyways. It actually means alot more to me than her if I meet him, she hates his guts. i have a chance to go meet him on my own (he knows of me) after work, question is, my gf does not know about it. I talked to her mom about it and she thinks I should go, it would show her Dad how much i care about his daughter. Any words of advice? Anyone been through the same thing? Remember I have to go tomorrow, so email me if you it would be faster for you: njones@apple.com

Thanks!

________________ Nick 2000 Malibu LS Mods: K&N, Jet-PCM Lowered with Eibach's and on 18's,Clear Sidemarkers,Tinted all around, badgeless, indiglos, TV/DVD
#436121 09/12/02 10:36 PM
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Ensure you tell her you are going to meet pops before you do it, explain your reasoning why. If she does not agree, respect her wishes, if you disagree --- find a new GF.

If you do it behind her back and she really feels strongly against her dad, you will be finding a new GF because you did not build trust. Talking to her mom about things that do not affect you but affect her in a significant manner can lead to bad things.

Sounds like Nick wants some older -<

Money doesn't always bring happiness. People with ten million dollars are no happier than people with nine million dollars ~ Hobart Brown
#436122 09/13/02 01:25 PM
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Fmr12B:

Sounds like Nick wants some older -<

huh? nerd

Well, I did tell my girl that I was going to meet him today, she was fine with it. She just doesn't know how he will react. The reason why I asked her Mom, was just to get some insight on how he is and how he would react. She never told me not to tell my gf, but to be nice to her about it because she doesn't like him too much.

I will be doing it though!

________________ Nick 2000 Malibu LS Mods: K&N, Jet-PCM Lowered with Eibach's and on 18's,Clear Sidemarkers,Tinted all around, badgeless, indiglos, TV/DVD

Moderated by  Fmr12B_dup1, path914 

Link Copied to Clipboard