Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
K
Ken04 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
K
Anybody up for a cruise somewhere in the beautiful Pacific Northwest before the rains come ? I'd love to get together with some other CEG'ers and cruise somewhere for a day. Or maybe set up a P.I.R. track day ? Just for grins ? Or is anything else planned that I'm not aware of that my wife and I could take our little hot-rod to and meet some new friends ?

Ken 99 Silver Frost SE 2.0 liter Zetec ATX.

C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
id love to meet up with you guys that live closer to the coast than me, or maybe find somewhere in idaho where we could take a roll around the mountains...because it would be a pretty good distance from here to the coast (600+mi)..but i would be willing to go that distance, never been to a get together/meet yet unless its just a area meet, than thats fine, wouldnt want to interrupt a little thing

Teal|'95 'Tour GL|75k| 16V 2.0|Rebuilt ATX| Factory Euro Mod's (Ordered in Dec '94 From Holland)-|Larger Radiator, Oil pan, Fan, Tank..little things make a difference| Lots of mods to come....
Q
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Q
Originally posted by Ken04:
Anybody up for a cruise somewhere in the beautiful Pacific Northwest before the rains come ? I'd love to get together with some other CEG'ers and cruise somewhere for a day. Or maybe set up a P.I.R. track day ? Just for grins ? Or is anything else planned that I'm not aware of that my wife and I could take our little hot-rod to and meet some new friends ?

Ken 99 Silver Frost SE 2.0 liter Zetec ATX.

I'm up for just about anything. A drive up through the gorge to Multnomah Falls or something like that sounds good. There is also an Autox coming up next weekend at PIR I believe (21st and 22nd). We could always meet there for a few and then do something. Drag races this weekend, though I don't think I'll be drag racing the car for a bit.

My vote is for a cruise somewhere. Meet up, drive out to some place for lunch and have some fun. Hopefully some other southern WA guys or OR guys will chime in. What is the time frame you're looking at? This weekend? I'm busy the weekend of the 28th (autox in Roseburg) and I'd like to race one day either the 21st or 22nd here in Portland. That is my schedule. This coming weekend is completely open for me.

I'm definitely thinking something close to home this time, sorry Custom95. I would love to try and get a large meet together sometime in the not so distant future, but I don't see that happening right away.

2004 Focus PZEV 2.3L - KW sport suspension, SP camber plates, Eibach front swaybar, FS intake, FS Stealth exhaust, 3.82 Final, Torsen ATB, Prothane MM insert, E1 CSVT wheels 1/4 mile - 15.201@89.4mph
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
AARGH!! PLEASE schedule it for like three or four weeks out if you guys decide to do something. I REALLY want to participate but my transmission won't be back for a couple of weeks! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!! I agree with QBert on the cruise...anywhere is fine with me as long as we're driving there! Is Spokane too far? We could meet Custom95 there. Are there any members living in Spokane? I have seen two SVT Contours there before. I'm sure there are more...anyway, I'm in if my car is back together!

'98 SVT Contour, in at least 639 pieces 4 Speed MTX...synchro and shift fork replacement in progress
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
well...spokane is basically half way, at least it seemed to me when i was driving it back from tacoma (had it shipped back to the states, lived in europe)

its np to go the whole way alone, but if someone was willing to maybe stop there and wait, it wouldnt bother me, i would just have to find out the time it would take to get to spokane from here (6hrs., give or take?). but i wouldnt want it to be like..12 hours of driving for 4-5 hours of fun, if you know what i mean.

Teal|'95 'Tour GL|75k| 16V 2.0|Rebuilt ATX| Factory Euro Mod's (Ordered in Dec '94 From Holland)-|Larger Radiator, Oil pan, Fan, Tank..little things make a difference| Lots of mods to come....
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
In reply to:

A drive up through the gorge to Multnomah Falls or something like that sounds good.

Hmm, if your criteria for a fun run is:

a) scenic
b) twisty

the drive to Multnomah is neither. I did it on the way back from the Portland meet. So boring I went to the falls and enjoyed that, then turned around and followed the Columbia back to I-5. Also not particularly curvy or fast. And for those of you who know me, I'm not a speed demon. KDWs last 35k miles on my car.

I think next summer we should get together to organize a run up Mt. St. Helens. THAT would be a drive. Also a few nice visitor centres up there so there's something to do before turning back and enjoying the drive down.

Or else we should run out I-20 East thru the Cascades which I did last month. Sea level to 6000 ft in about 45 mins. The drive would start in Sedro-Wooley I think it's called.

You'll see views like this (Diablo Lake):

Just some ideas. And I'm sure with a planned summer event we can do at least as well as the Everett Meet, hopefully better. The drive and the stop for lunch should be the main attraction.

Kerry

99 SVT Contour Silver Frost, #365/2760, DMD 98 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Tiptronic, 30V -- SOLD! 91 Isuzu Impulse XS Kammback, Handling By Lotus Victoria, BC, Canada
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Yea im down for it as long as its somewhere is oregon. I alwasy get pissed off because they are alwasy way up in Everet Washington, which is a long drive for me. Count me in for the Portland area or even down in the Eugene/Springfield area. Would this by chance be and over night drinking fest, as well as a car meet.

Black 98se V-6 sport MTX MODS Clear Corners, Open element, TH fix,debaged all emblems, A6 Sidemarkers
Q
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Q
Originally posted by kerrychin:
In reply to:

A drive up through the gorge to Multnomah Falls or something like that sounds good.

Hmm, if your criteria for a fun run is:

a) scenic
b) twisty

the drive to Multnomah is neither. I did it on the way back from the Portland meet. So boring I went to the falls and enjoyed that, then turned around and followed the Columbia back to I-5. Also not particularly curvy or fast. And for those of you who know me, I'm not a speed demon. KDWs last 35k miles on my car.

Taking I-84 out to Multnomah is not scenic or curvy as suggested, but the "Old Scenic Highway" is. There are also about 6 other waterfalls along that road along with a 1920ish overlook of the Columbia (under renovation right now I believe). It isn't a very long highway, nor is it always curvy, but I'm not looking to spend hours driving either. I drive more then enough as it is (25K miles in 9 months).

I do keep my speeds resonable on road trips though. I do have fun in the twisties though, but my significant other would change the color of my interior if I pushed really hard for a long period of time (car sickness). Autox and track days are my substitute.

Anyway, I'm up for a lot of things, don't hold back suggestions. I was kind of thinking something around the Portland area though.

(Gorgeous picture of the lake Kerry) I definitely am up for something next summer. Last time I was up to Mt. St. Helens it was a good drive, but reminded me of the moon. Not much to see but ash. I'm just thinking on a smaller scale right now.

2004 Focus PZEV 2.3L - KW sport suspension, SP camber plates, Eibach front swaybar, FS intake, FS Stealth exhaust, 3.82 Final, Torsen ATB, Prothane MM insert, E1 CSVT wheels 1/4 mile - 15.201@89.4mph
Q
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Q
Originally posted by Rmacin:
Yea im down for it as long as its somewhere is oregon. I alwasy get pissed off because they are alwasy way up in Everet Washington, which is a long drive for me. Count me in for the Portland area or even down in the Eugene/Springfield area. Would this by chance be and over night drinking fest, as well as a car meet.

Hmmm, the drinking fest doesn't sound too bad to me, but we'll have to see how plans progress. I'm waiting for Ken to chime back in and let us know what he had invisioned. I was figuring a small local get together, talk about cars, take a drive, and then go from there. If some of us want to go out and drink or race, GREAT (not both together though )!

Anyone know if Dan from Eugene / Springfield area still visits the board? I haven't seen him on here in a long while. Last time I met up with him was up at the go-kart track in Vancouver about 4-5 months ago.

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Well, fall run or not, I'm in for a serious drive when my car is back together. Got to break everything in before the abuse (drag racing) begins. I was planning on going to Spokane via Seattle before this thread was started anyway. I just hope SR 20 isn't closed by then (it closes for the winter every year). It's such a beautiful drive, as Kerry has demonstrated.

'98 SVT Contour, in at least 639 pieces 4 Speed MTX...synchro and shift fork replacement in progress
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  kerrychin_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard